First 320 (G) - What to look for before the first flight

Discussion in 'Walkera Furious 320' started by polak, Dec 31, 2017.

1. polak

polak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Everyone as new on this forum :)

I was able to buy Furious 320 (G) at a bargain price. In anticipation of delivery, I started to read this forum to learn a little more about this drone. I have read many problems with this drone. GPS, propellers, RTH etc. There is a lot of this.

I have a request. Could any of the forum members write on what things to pay attention to, what to do before the first flight to be safe. Of course I will read the manuals.

So far I have been flying dji Phanthom 3 advanced and S1000.

Any help will be appreciated :)

2. polak

polak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Today I had my first flight. Earlier, I had a problem with starting engines. The drone did not let me run them until I made a compass calibration.

I made the flight on the field. I did the compass calibration again. The flight was in manul mode. But there was a strange situation with signaling the number of satellites. The right diode flashed 11 times when the blades were started.

According to the user manual, this LED should flash up to 8 times. Therefore, I was afraid to go into stabilized GPS flight mode and start RTH. Did my drone function well?

3. polak

polak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And one more question :) How to safely check if GPS hold and RTH work properly

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    This is normal operation for first time use.

Manual is misleading. It will flash with the number of sats minus 3. So you had 14 Sats in the lock.

I think the manual is saying you should have 8 flashes or more to have the best GPS lock.

There is no test, there is just try.

Cheers Brian

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. polak

polak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much for the answer :)

I'm a bit scared of GPS tests. I think I'll just do it as the battery will be almost completely discharged. In Phanthom 3 advanced, if there is a problem with the compass, the LEDs flash once yellow and red. Another algorithm. In Furious 320, the drone does not indicate that the compass is not calibrated. I noticed that if the calibration succeeds, the red LEDs will stop blinking. And unfortunately if the calibration fails, the diodes will stop blinking also.
    Optimism fills that, as stated in the manual, if you enter the RTH mode consciously, or the drone will enter the RTH mode in the example of loss of coverage, the user can switch the mix to zero, regain full control over the drone.

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    On the compass calibration. You must complete the calibration and have the drone back down on the level ground before the lights stop flashing.

If they stop flashing before you complete, the calibration has failed.

Cheers Brian

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. polak

polak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tested the drone yesterday. I decided to calibrate again. I made it at home.
    1. I initiated the compass calibration. Both red LEDs started flashing.
    2. I made a drone with a drone according to the instructions for calibrating the compass and put the drone on the table before the diodes stopped blinking.
    3. After some time, the diodes stopped blinking.
    4. I disconnected the drone battery to save the compass settings. Then I turned off the apparatus
    5. Then I turned on the apparatus, then the drone. I waited like a slow flashing cycle, the left LED will end.
    6. I initiated the engine unblocking. But the engines did not fade and I could not start them.

Question: Why after compass calibration I made correctly, can not I unlock and turn on the engines?

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    Most likely you have bumped the trims on the radio. The trims must all be in their centre.

Also you cannot calibrate the drone indoors. It must be calibrated away from metal objects. including watches and mobile phones.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1