Finding positioning of walkera x350pro drone

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by MiddleO, Feb 9, 2018.

1. MiddleO

MiddleO New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

Is there any way of getting GPS coordinates out of a walkera x350Pro drone? If so how is this done? i am told it is not compatible with mission planner.

Thank you
    Olly

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    I think the RX on those are telemetry receivers. Do you have a Telemetry radio? F12E 8S 12S?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. MiddleO

MiddleO New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a standard 2.4Gz Devo 7 remote control but no telemetry radio. If I aquire one of these radios will I be able to find the coordinates my drones is passing through at a specific time? Also do you know the accuracy of this?

You time is greatly appreciated!

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    I will need to research your flight controller in the 350 Pro and the standard GPS model. The most accurate GPS positioning, contrary to popular belief is around 2 metres.

Thats is 2 Metres to a Geographical referenced coordinate. It is more accurate that that relative to its own position as the relativity has the consistent 2M inaccuracy offset.

Now this is assuming you have a low value HDOP (Horizontal Degree Of Precision) .7 or less. (This is a measurement of the number of satellites and their relative location in the Sky.)

The pro would have an old GPS only GPS. Newer model have a GPS that supports GPS (American System) and GLONASS (Russian System) You should, if you want greater accuracy, change your Pro to a Dual GPS. It may be a direct swap over. You would need to confirm if your Pro has a seperate compass module.

I dont own a Pro so I have no first hand experience.

Cheers

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    I have researched the X350 pro for you. It has a Devo-M 12 Channel Rx flight controller combo that supports telemetry.

I have found and loaded the instruction Manual for the configuration of an F12E radio to the X350 Pro to my google drive. (The other radios are no longer sold)

Cheers Brian

X350PRO Manual_DEVO_F12E_EN.pdf

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. MiddleO

MiddleO New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Brian,

Thank you for your messages, I understand what you mean by the inaccuracies with the GPS system. However I am a bit confused about the radio ( I am new to this) I already have a F12E provided with the drone Walkera DEVO 12E 12-Channel 2.4Ghz Digital Radio System. Is this enough to retrieve the flight path? Or do I need the upgraded one with the screen Walkera DEVO F12E 12-Channel 2.4Ghz Digital Radio System w/ FPV Monitor.

I need real time coordinates geographical or relative. Can I download this off the drone? Will the upgraded radio give me live coordinates?

Thanks again!

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    Just to be precise. You have a Devo 12E. The Devo F12E is a completely different radio.

Both provide Telemetry.

Nothing will give you flight path data. (Unless you have a model that supports the BlueTooth Walkera ground station app. requires on aircraft hardware.) But both of these radios will display the Current GPS flight coordinates.

I have loaded a copy of the manual to my Google drive.

Read page 37.

Cheers Brian

Walkera Devo 12E Manual.pdf

• Winner Winner x 1