F215 won't fully connect to CleanFlight. "Waiting for data..."

Discussion in 'Walkera Furious 215' started by HotDiggity, Apr 18, 2017.

1. HotDiggity

HotDiggity New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    So, just pulled the new F215 from the box and hooked it up to my computer. CleanFlight sees it, gets the firmware version and IDs the board, receives a unique device ID, then stalls with "Waiting for data..."

The strip at the bottom of the CleanFlight window keeps counting up packet errors.

Any idea how to power through this?

On the bright side, my F210 3D DeviationTx model config file on my Devo 10 seems to be set up perfectly. Want to get into CleanFlight fully to tell for sure though.

2. HotDiggity

HotDiggity New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Updating CleanFlight (both the configurator and the firmware) fixed it. I wonder now if the configurator update alone would have fixed it.

I did a CLI dump from the BetaFlight Configurator before updating. The BF Configurator allowed me to access the CLI tab, interestingly enough. Not surprisingly, the CleanFlight upgrade wiped all settings. I restored the CLI dump but it seems like it's not quite right. AirMode in the restore was unconfigured, for example. And, arming is now the reverse of the Walkera standard throttle-down-and left and works with throttle-down-and-right instead :/

Would someone mind posting a fresh CLI dump from CleanFlight here so I can compare?

Thanks in advance!

3. corbettkg

corbettkg New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Guys can you please help? I cannot get the CleanFlight to launch on my computer. I have tried the Google Chrome extension unloader but it gives me an error message. I have downloaded all 3 files from Walkera and tried to follow their tutorial without success. I have the .hex file but cannot get that to open. Thanks

4. HotDiggity

HotDiggity New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Corbettkg, were you having issues with connection out of the box or have you changed some things and are now having difficulty connecting? I think my issue was related to using an incorrect version of the CleanFlight configurator app. I am back up and running on factory firmware & settings now.

If the CleanFlight Configurator app won't run, the .hex file will do you no good. Are you on a Mac or a Windows based PC?

The CleanFlight Configurator 1.2.4 that you downloaded from the Walkera site needs to be loaded by Chrome from the Extensions page ("Load Unpacked Extension"). On my Mac, I get there by clicking the vertical three-dot icon that is at the extreme right hand side of the screen at the same level as the URL bar. I'll attach a screen shot.

Attached Files:

5. corbettkg

corbettkg New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks. I have not been able to get the CleanFlight loaded and started. I tried to open with the Google Chrome "Load Unpacked Extension" but it gives me an error message that the "manifest" was not there or was damaged. I am using Windows. I will delete the downloads and start over to see if it will work then. All I wanted to try to do was reprogram the LEDs at this point. I assume once I am able to get this working I can use it to change things in my F210 as well.

6. HotDiggity

HotDiggity New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I would not assume that about the F210. Changing things other than rates has not always yielded good results due to the proprietary nature of the firmware on the F210. And, I believe the F210 requires the use of a certain version of the Configurator that is different than that supplied by Walkera for the F215. I could be wrong about this, of course.

• Agree Agree x 1