F210 vs. F210 3D Flight Controller...

Discussion in 'Walkera F210' started by chris48083, Dec 16, 2017.

1. chris48083

chris48083 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Question...

Are the F210 and F210 3D flight controllers interchangeable? Obviously you would have to use CleanFlight to load the correct firmware, but could it work?

I mistakenly bought a 3D FC for my none-3D and curious if I need to take it back or not...

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +552 / 16
    NO.

3. Ichijoe

Ichijoe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why though? Its not like you would have to swap the ESCs out. I would presumb you could just toggle the '3D' Setting (From Clean Flight v1.2.0), to the off position. To ~revert~ it back to a "normal" FCS-210 flight controller. Or?

4. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +552 / 16
    The 3D FC has additional channels to enable 2D / 3D switching. Unknown how this would be handled in a non 3D drone.

And you cant toggle 2d 3d settings in cleanflight on a Walkera drone firmware.

5. Alloutofdonuts

Alloutofdonuts New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I know this is a really old thread, but does this apply both ways? I have a 3D that I lost the little plastic clip that holds in the ribbon wire onto the FC when I was attempting to flash Cleanflight onto my F210. Now the FC does not get power unless I push on the ribbon(tried hot glue = no go). I don’t want it to disconnect in mid flight so I’m just goin to buy another FC.

BUT my understanding is that the F210 standard version hex file is different from the 3D F210. So I’m not sure if the 3D will cooperate, so should I get the 2D or will it still not work with the 3D model?

All I really wanted to do was change the failsafe and have the beeper in a toggle switch!

6. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +552 / 16
    The models are very different, including the motors and the ESCs. You need to match the FC for the correct model.

Not sure why you had this issue it does not require and HW removal to update the FW or Configure settings.

You do need to use Cleanflight 1.2.0 and only make changes to supported Walker parameters. Basically PIDS only. Setting switches Etc will have unpredictable results. The FCs and interfaces to the flight hardware is proprietary. Including the OSD.

FYI.

Changing the failsafe is a function of the Devo Radio not the drone. Neither of your changes are actually supported on the F210s.

7. Alloutofdonuts

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ok thanks for the reply. I like the PIDS where they are just fine. In fact it’s the reason I bought the F210(so I wouldn’t have to tune it). I didn’t realize that being the case about the other issues. I’m not interested in the thing flying away so I guess I’ll just let it sit in it’s box until I figure something else out.

8. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +552 / 16
    If you set the Radio failsafe. It can't fly away? Check your radio user manual for how to set failsafe. Many pilots get confused about failsafe and how it operates.

Many videos on the net about modifying Cleanflight, Betaflight etc but none on how to program a computer radio.

On the radio set the failsafe channels to stabilise, the throttle to 10%-20% (Descent) and all other controls to centre.

Should it lose radio connection it will then stabilise and descend to the ground with minimum damage.

9. Alloutofdonuts

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ok I’ll do that in the Tx and once I get the new FC I can test, and thanks very much for your help. I read of people having the model still power the motors for 5 seconds at full power after changing the failsafe but I should’ve tested myself before ASSUMING I’d have the same result. Thanks again for all you’re help!

• Like Like x 1