F210 newbie with a few newbie questions

Discussion in 'Walkera F210' started by Andrei, May 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Andrei

Andrei New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi
    Today I did my first first flight with a newly purchased F210 and I absolutely love it.
    It is, however, a very different beast from what I am used to (DJI Spark, EMAX TinyHawk).
    My first two landings were violent crashes :(

First I warped a prop:
    [​IMG]

Second, I absolutely obliterated the "balance connector" of the battery:
    [​IMG]

I wish this quad had prop guard (maybe after market - if I find any, I will purchase them).
    As for the battery, it is 100% my fault: I let the white plastic thing hand out, and it got smashed when I crashed.

After these crashes I decided to deliberately practice slow, soft, landings and it was hard, but very doable. I am sure that in a few days I will get the hang of it.

Still, I have a few questions

1) the quad flies fine with the bent prop. Shall I try to fix it and, if yes, how? What is the easiest safest way to unbend it? I should confess here that am fantastically clumsy with my hands, there is a good reason why I purchased a RTF kit and not a do it yourself or even a BNF model. So any solution involving removing the prop looks scary to me, I much prefer trying to unbend it while keeping the prop in place.

2) since I am so inept and maladroit with my hands, I was wondering if there are folks out there who repair drones for mechanically-challenged folks like me. If yes, can you recommend somebody I could turn to if a really smash the F210 badly?

Thank you!

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +514 / 15
    Thats a normal learning curve process.

Do not fly with any prop damage. Props with even minor nicks need to be replaced. They cause vibrations that can cause the Flight controller to fail in flight.
    Make sure that you use the correct prop on the correct motor. 2 props spin Clockwise. 2 spin Anticlockwise.

There are, I guess it depends on your location in the US.

The Walkera RTF Drones are easy to repair as they are modular. The only difficulty is determining what components need replacing.

Cheers Brian

• Like Like x 1
  3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +514 / 15
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Andrei

Andrei New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0