f210 design mod (The F210 MadBull)

Discussion in 'Walkera F210' started by kramersteen, Sep 7, 2017.

1. kramersteen

kramersteen Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Yep!:)

I haven't seen this mod done to a f210 but i wouldn't of done it if i owned just one. Honestly i like the stock design i did this so i could compare the differences between the two to eventually work out my ultimate setup. I did my first test flight today and i must say it is surprisingly different. Early signs indicate it banks in harder on corners, overall seems more agile and speedy.

I will get some better pictures up when i get a chance and some more feedback on the mod once i test stock props etc. one thing i can confirm is the runcam micro is a heap better than the stock camera.

I can list off the mods here but really the pictures will tell the story. All modification are reversible and no stock parts have been modded. I still need to refine the idea somewhat like the front plate to be one piece and add motor dampers etc. The total reduction in weight is around half an ounce but i will also clarify that once i weigh up with stock props.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lukezen27

Lukezen27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Looks interesting man

Top mounted battery's are better for acro tricks, flips and rolls......... much smoother

Bottom mounted battery's are better for racing.......... sharp and aggressive but twitchy and jerky

3. kramersteen

kramersteen Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Yeah the good thing is where i fly it's mostly tight fast tracks coupled with some high flying areas so it might just work better for that. I haven't done any acro tricks with it yet but the weekend is almost here and i will give it a test. i didn't notice any jerky behavior if anything it felt more tighter and in control i will report my findings as soon as i get more time in the air.

4. kramersteen

kramersteen Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Ok i done 6 batteries through it and i have already noticed some differences. I don't know the correct terms for this but i will try my best to describe it. I seem to be able to push it much harder through tight sections as long as i keep the throttle on, If you back off too much it can throw it out wide. Lukezen is right in saying it's more aggressive and sharp in the handling. I am sure it picks up speed faster than my other one but this is a new f210 where as my other one has had a lot more use. I did a few rolls and it didn't seem all that different to me maybe a little more heavy feeling on the exits but otherwise good enough.

The only fault i can think of so far is that it's harder to land but i am sure a remedy will come to me if i decide i need to. This was a early model f210 so the osd is screwed so i am thinking i will just pull out the chip and go bare bones.

5. kramersteen

kramersteen Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Final update - 30 batteries through it i can safely say i prefer it. I can throw it around like a mad man. I need a one of those runcams that can record so i can show you guys.

6. kramersteen

kramersteen Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Modded this piggy backed tx801 to it today and ditched the old setup.I plan to make a better cover eventually i just did that one quickly as a way to test it. I also need to make something to protect those vtx plugs.

I wanted a flexible join between the vtx and antenna to help the vtx absorb knocks to the antenna. The vtx is power switchable up to 600mw and has a mic for audio.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017