f 210 doesn't self leveling ? where is my mistake ?

Discussion in 'Walkera F210 3D' started by Dr.zoriel, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Dr.zoriel

Dr.zoriel New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    ok i just launch my first flight with my f210 3d , and as i mentioned before i'm and old aged rc car hobbyist so please tolerate my new entry to the world of flying ..

i set up the Devo 7 according to the stable mode but it looks that i'm missing something here because i noticed that the drone isn't stable as many described on youtube videos .

i re checked the devo 7 switches and the f210 still drifting a side although the screen on the devo 7 shown all positions at zero .

any help where is my mistake because i doesn't perform self position as everyone saying .

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 16
    To fly stable you actually have to "fly it" stable.

It will hover perfectly in the one spot. But not on its own. It is not a GPS model. It requires you to control it.

It will wander around in air currents etc.

It does not self position; where do people say that it does?

3. Dr.zoriel

Dr.zoriel New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    the " self position " was another mistske by my poor expression.. i do apologize.

In regards to your reply , do you mean that i have to keep on controlling it to maintain it's level ?
    That means in never hoavering by it's own at some point , Right ?

Thank you for the guidance and accept my apology for my bad discreption last post .

4. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +578 / 16
    Your description was fine. You don't have to worry.

The technology to hold at a specific height is done by an Altimeter (barometer) Some models support Altitude Hold and are equipped with this technology.

The 210 does not have it.

The technology to support hover in position is called GPS stabilise. And requires a GPS and Barometer. The GPS VDOP is not accurate enough to support altitude hold so a barometer is required.

The technology to execute a return to home requires a GPS, Altimeter and Magnetic Compass. The Magnetic Compass allows the model to determine the correct direction back to the stored Return To Home (RTH) location.

The 210 and the 210 3D is a manually flight mode only model. It is a bit too advanced for a beginner to fly without crashing it a number of times in the learning process and that becomes very expensive.

The Walkera 250 Pro that has all the above technology is a much better learning drone for beginners to get into flying and racing.

Cheers Brian

5. Dr.zoriel

Dr.zoriel New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hay Brian .. I'm always thankful for your clear advises , humble choosing words while advising. Always.

Honestly i was a ware prior buying the f210 3d that it's not equipped with gps or any other mechanism to stabilize it in air , but some video reviews made by hobbyists indicated that when turning both fmod & mix switches to 0 position while in 2D mode ,the drone "should" show some "stabilization" performance useful for new guys for training .

Anyway, it's one good flayer , i would do my best practicing untill I improve my controling skills . I bought another 2 lipo to add them to the 2 I already got ,total of 4 packa to extend time of practice.

Today i spent the whole day with my cousin in the hospital as he went in to fisrt day of treatment from a sever lunge infection.

Now I'm writing to thank you again & again .

BTW, are you the same guy posting helpful videos on YouTube with from Australia ?
    Using a green geometry table while filiming ?

If yes, man i was watching your videos for the past weeks with pleasure , if you're not the guy am assuming i'm still thankful alot to you .

Well keep posting . Regards

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rosspa

Rosspa Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The stability mode is that when you pitch forward and then take your thumb off the stick it will level itself back out to straight.

In acro if you pitch forward and take your thumb off the stick it will still pitch forward.

7. Dr.zoriel

Dr.zoriel New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks for this additional info . It would takes a quite a while before i even dare to start it in 3d mode or even place the switch fmod in the middle position .

8. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +578 / 16
    No thats not me. I do post videos but mostly on Helis.

9. Gordon Major

Gordon Major New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your
    Your right it doesn’t say anywhere that it self posion buton YouTube videos they almost make it look that way I actually thought the same thing so how do they do that can anyone answer that it would be much appreciated i just biut a F210 as well it is a tough lil guy that’s for sure

10. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +578 / 16
    It just takes lots of practice.