Drone serial number on 250 Runner?

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250' started by chris albaugh, Sep 12, 2021.

1. chris albaugh

chris albaugh New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I gotta get my drone registered & i'm gonna go through faadronezone.faa.gov/#/ About the serial number which one is it on this Walkera Runner 250? Is it the QR code one? Sorry if this is a very noob question.

Attached Files:

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +578 / 16
    See where the QR code takes you when you scan it. I expect that Walkera did not actual have a SN: on these drones.
    You may have to make one up and put a sticker on it. You can always use the number that is displayed and feign ignorance if quizzed.

3. chris albaugh

chris albaugh New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I scanned the QR code and it gives me the number that's already on the QR code sticker. lol Another thing they want is the "Remote ID" number how do I retrieve that? Thanks for the reply.

Update: I used the QR code number. "Remote ID" number is not needed yet so you can click on NO.

I now have a registration number by Federal Aviation Administration that will be put on the drone.
    I also used pilotinstitute.com/free/ for a free sticker of the registration number to be put on drone. I hope this helps anyone.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +578 / 16
    Thanks for the update.

Yes the FAA remote ID has not been implemented yet. It will not be possible to implement Remote ID on the runner.

Remote ID requires specific Hardware to be installed on the drone to broadcast a ID. From what I have read of the proposals it would require a mobile SIM card and transmitter on the drone. Expectation is that Remote ID will die a natural death.

Cheers

5. chris albaugh

chris albaugh New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    One more update!!!!. I took The Recreational USA Safety Test (TRUST) At this link in blue Drone Training, Industry News, & Free Resources | UAV Coach
    Just click on Learn More & start the quiz it's easy & free. Print out your certificate at the end.
    FAA RECREATIONAL FLYER TRAINING (TRUST)
    Required if you fly drones recreationally in the U.S.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1