Difficulties with connection Runner to PC/Win10

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250' started by R3b00t, Jun 3, 2017.

1. R3b00t

R3b00t New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello guys,

I am just getting started with my Runner 250 and would like to upgrade the firmware. But I am having difficulties in finding out how to do so. I am fairly new to the topic and am being overwhelmed by a lot of information at the moment.

I bought a Runner 250 Standard Set with FPV Cam and a Devo 7 Receiver. I then read many topics online, but couldnt find anything, which actually explains all the steps to do, to update the firmware of the quad. I found out that there are different controllers built into the quads, so I am already having difficulties to find out which one I got. So I tried out hooking it up to the PC and downloaded Walkeras FlyConfig as well as MultiWii and OpenPilot but none of them seem to detect my quad. I tried it out with installing the older 2.10.0.0 FTDI drivers also, since I read this in another Topic but this also didn't change the situation.

I hope you guys can help me out here since I'm standing in front of a Wall...

Greetings

2. R3b00t

R3b00t New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, so I figured now that it's running MultiWii. I wasn't aware that the battery needs to be plugged into the quad since the lights on the Flight Controller would also flash without.

Guess the topic can be closed then :)

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +408 / 13
    Cheers Have fun.

4. dorrisant

dorrisant New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you running MultiWii 2.2? I can't get mine to initialize... Updated Java already... I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I could connect on my new computer (Win 7) but not yet with Win 10.