Devo not binding with 150

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 150' started by Okinawa4k, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Okinawa4k

Okinawa4k New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I had some strange settings where there was one function on two channels like aux1 and the throttle stick doing the same thing. I followed the droningon tips and tricks vid and it caused issues. One thing I did notice is that his throttle is on the left and my throttle is on the right so I don't know if the schematics were flipped or not. I couldn't find a way to get rid of the settings so I reset the Devo 7. No the devo doesn't communicate with the 150.I went through the manual and went the all the devo setup steps bus still nothing. The 150 still comes up in cleanflight with no issues and it's a brand new unit along with the devo 7. Any help would be appreciated.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +492 / 15
    Yes it does. I have asked him to fix it or pull it down, he refused and was very rude.

You need to re-flash the FW from our resources section. Then reapply the Config.

You can only use Cleanflight Version 1.2.0 also available in our resources section.

You need to clear the fixed ID setting on the model by Holding in the button on the RX while you apply power.

You need to reprogram your Devo 7 model settings as specified in the Quick Start guide. make sure that it is set as an Airplane not Helicopter.

SW:CleanFlight version 1.2.0 F210, F150, F110 Compatible English

FW: F150 Original Manufacture FW and Settings

MANUAL: F150 Quick Start Guide

Cheers Brian

3. Okinawa4k

Okinawa4k New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The guy's name is Ash and he is a complete dick. He defended an extremely shady drone manufacturer that ripped thousands of people off. He was an asshole to anyone that said anything about the company. I ended up putting them out of business I sued them and won and they no longer exist. This guy thinks that people don't remember but we know who he is. Thanks for the info I really do appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Okinawa4k

Okinawa4k New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    So I followed your steps and I'm still running into issues. I held down the hidden reset button on the Drone and plugged in the battery at the same time I also turned off the ID on the transmitter and reprogrammed all the steps in the guide. When I go to install the hex file to flash it says that it couldn't communicate with the bootloader.

5. Okinawa4k

Okinawa4k New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The flight controllers in these Walkera drone seem like it doesn't take much to screw them up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Okinawa4k

Okinawa4k New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Another thing that I noticed in the flash settings is that it won't allow me to pick my board at all.

7. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +492 / 15
    Thats because you can't pick a board. You have to download the FW from the link I gave you and load that. Make sure that you only use cleanflight 1.2.0 from the link I gave you. Latter versions will trash your drone.

When you load the FW make sure you do it with a full erase in the option. You must power on the drone before connecting to your PC.

Cheers

8. Gnjac0rp

Gnjac0rp New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey man, Im trying the cleanflight but just get this everytime I plug in - I am literally checking anything I can at the mo and nothing wants to work with this useless drone.....
    "No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed"" Walkera have even turned off the live chat option no doubt so they dont have to deal with any and every problem out there.
    No way am I EVER recommending Walkera to anyone....