Devo F12E throttle curve problems

Discussion in 'Walkera Devention Radios' started by Kristjan, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Kristjan

Kristjan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I just recently got a Devo F12E to replace my Devo 7. I have sucessfully reprogrammed it to match my helicopter settings on the Devo 7. There are only two issues I am having.

1) It seems that on the F12E there is D/R switch for both ELEV and AILE. Which is fine I guess but I kinda prefer having a single D/R switch for both like on the Devo7. But it seems that I can't program a single D/R switch to activate both ELEV and AILE?

2) I have programmed the throttle curve to be 0 - 100% for normal and fixed 80% for Stunt1. At first everything seems to be OK I can see the correct values in the main screen and in the throttle curve settings but if I go into Monitor the Stunt1 throttle curve displays as 60%. Am I misunderstanding something for the Monitor value or is there some setting that is incorrect?

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +429 / 13
    You cannot use the Heli settings.

You must program the radio as an Aeroplane.

Your Heli settings will be outputting Pitch on channel 6 that will screw up all your flight modes.

Also you have to program all the throttle curves separately for Normal Stunt1 and 2.

Cheers

3. Kristjan

Kristjan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You want me to believe that the Heli settings don't work for Helis? I seriously doubt that.
    I have already tested the Heli settings and I can fly just fine, I am just wondering about the mismatch in throttle values on the different screens.

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +429 / 13
    The heli settings don't work for drones. Thats why the Quick start guides on the Drones tell you to change the default Helicopter model to an Aeroplane.

So if you are flying a drone you must change to aeroplane. I assume that is why you asked this question.

If not what question are you actually asking?

If you are asking about the values for Stunt 1 and 2 for use with a heli then these all have individual throttle curve and pitch settings. You must program them separately.

You can use a single switch on an F12E for dual rates.

Again it is in the Heli programming guide.

If you don't have the Heli guide let me know I have soft copies of them all.

Cheers Brian

5. Kristjan

Kristjan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    OK maybe I wasn't clear I am not using the F12E for a drone (not yet at least) I am using it for my helicopters. I know full well that for a drone it must be in airplane mode. I have been flying helis for some years so I am not a total noob. I know how to program a remote with individual throttle and pitch curves for Normal, Stunt1 and Stunt2 that is not the problem.

I have read the heli guide cover to cover and none of these questions are answered there. I can program the dual rates using two switches but not on a single switch.

For the throttle problem showing different values here are images that show how the throttle shows 80% at main screen but 60% in monitor:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +429 / 13
    Sorry, I normally don't get questions here for Helis.

You are misinterpreting what the monitor is trying to tell you about the throttle position.

The Throttle H 60 is saying that it is at 60% above throttle mid position. This will be where you have the Throttle Curve set if you check.

The range on the monitor menu for the throttle goes from H 100 down to L 100 consistent with the end point settings (H is positive from mid position L is negative from Mid position) If you change the end point settings to 130 both ways the range here will go from H 130 to L 130.

There are a number of ways you an select Multiple rates and a single switch. You can do it in the dedicated Dual rates menu by allocating the the rates to the flight mode switch.

The Default dedicated switch is Position 0 and 1. Toggle the switch for the relevant control and you will see the pos number in the top right change. If you go to the System - Device Menu and Enable flight modes. It allows you to allocate an extra flight mode switch that you can allocate to any switch. This gives you POS 3 and POS 4 in the Dual rate menu

The downside of doing this is that you must have the Flight mode switch in Position 2 to be able to toggle the Extra Flight mode switch.

If you set one up like I have done in the pictures you can check the toggles in the top right hand corner.

Pictures below.

You can also set 3 dual rates to any single switch or set of switches using the MIX menu.

There are 8 mixes. So 9 including no mix. So 3 rates per control. The switch allocation with either a single switch or combination of switches, can be set with AND and OR logic. You just need to allocate the mix of primary channel and secondary channel to the same channel.

Cheers Brian

The V450D03 is a great bird. I have 5 of them. :) but I fly them off a Devo 12S and Devo F12 not an F12E. They have icon based GUI interface.

Using just The Standard 3 Flight Modes. Note Position 2

IMG_1881.JPG

Using the Extra Flight mode switch. Note Position 4

IMG_1882.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kristjan

Kristjan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    OK now I get why the throttle monitor value is different. But it's a little strange displaying the throttle value like that since you can't have negative throttle, but I guess if you are using the channel for something else it would make sense.

I never thought about using the extra flight modes, since I really don't need more than three. But you are right I just mapped the Flight Extra switch to AILE D/R to get Stunt 3 and Stunt 4 and by setting them to all identical settings as Stunt 1 and Stunt 2 except for the D/R values I can get a single D/R switch working. Of course then normal mode doesn't have D/R but that is fine since I never use D/R in normal mode anyway.

I agree V450D03 is a great heli for it's value. But why do you have 5 of them? I understand owning 2 or 3 to use when others are in repair, but 5 seems kinda nuts :)

But thanks for a detailed reply this really helped me out :D

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +429 / 13
    Your welcome.

I have 3 full parts sets for the V450BD5 and you cant buy the flight controllers. I also have 2 V450D01 FPVs and I blew a FC on one of them.

I have the V450BD5 5 blade Airwolf and I converted the 3G FC to the 6G from a D01

The FC for a V450D03 is about $200 AUD. I bought the D03s as Specials at Banggood so I get a full set of spares for $130 AUD.

Buy up your spares as it wont be long before you cant buy any.

Cheers