“Devo 7” with UP02 allow DSMX/DSM2?

Discussion in 'Walkera Devention Radios' started by Dano, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Dano

Dano New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    A few months ago I took a step up from my many mini quads, and purchased a Walkera Rodeo with a Devo7 thinking I could just buy other RC vehicles with this controller. Now(seems like the UP02 is new?) that there is a UP02 USB connection to kit you can buy, I’m wondering if we can now upgrade the firmware to allow the Devo 7 to control a DSM2 or DSMX quad copter.

The deviationtx.com site stated that due to a lack of USB support they would not support the Devo7, but that was back in Dec 2012. Anyone know if that has changed with the UP02?

One of the stickies here seems to imply that we can upgrade the firmware and load configurations, but where do we get the firmware for DSM2/DSMX? Did I make a mistake in getting the Walkera? All my friends are flying Spectrum stuff, so it would really be cool if I showed up controlling my Inductrix with my Devo 7 transmitter!
    Thanks,

• Like Like x 1
  2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +341 / 12
    Deviation don't support the Devo 7 for a couple of reasons The UP02 was always available. You need a Devo 8, Devo 10, or 12 if you want DSM2/DSMX support.

3. Dano

Dano New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks bjr981s. I was hoping, it was due to lack of cable. Didn't know it was always available. I bought my Quad from an Amazon reseller and I didn't get any cables at all, but I know it was repackaged since the box didn't match what I ordered so I was thinking maybe the cable would help.

Anyone know if the Devo 7 can be upgraded hw wise? or if Walkera will take exchanges for Devo 7 to Devo 8, 10, or 12? Or did I just buy a $40 (price difference between Rodeo w/ and w/o transmitter) transmitter that is only good for Walkera RCs?

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +341 / 12
    Nope HW mods for Deviation are as I quoted previously.