Devo 7 Auto Rebind and Fixed ID

Discussion in 'Walkera Devention Radios' started by iskandar, Dec 1, 2016.

1. iskandar

iskandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0
    From above sticky guide:

"On loss of signal (The RX loses connection to the TX) not will automatically rebind to the TX if the TX comes within range again"

My questions:
    1. In case of temporary signal loss, will it auto rebind?
    2. Is it recommended to use Fixed ID?
    3. Failsafe behaviour, does it come from the FC or from the Tx? What is the actual failsafe behaviour besides the one we set in Tx (eg Devo 7)?

It seems that although failsafe configured to activate for 10 secs (based on default settings in Cleanflight), the quad actually shut off the throttle completely in 3/4 secs after losing connection to Tx.

The quad Rx also didn't reconnect to Tx if the Tx is up again based on my tests (with or without Fixed ID enabled). My concern is that, what happen if the Rx just lose the link for 2/3 secs?

Hope to get some clarification on this (esp for the failsafe behaviour on F210 3D).

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +276 / 9
    1. In case of temporary signal loss, will it auto rebind? YES.
    2. Is it recommended to use Fixed ID? Yes if you only want to fly with one radio.
    3. Failsafe behaviour, does it come from the FC or from the Tx? What is the actual failsafe behaviour besides the one we set in Tx (eg Devo 7)? On this model it comes from the Flight Controller. It will cause the F210 to drop the throttle to 0 and it will tumble and fall from the sky.

• You should be able to change the flight battery battery in the F210 without having to rebind.
    • Fixed ID does not go through the Bind Process. It just connects.
    • All failsafes are controlled and initiated by the Flight Controller or the Receiver. Depending on if they are separate units or combined. If the RX does not support TX configured Failsafe the settings on the TX do nothing. Kind of logical as the connection to the TX has been lost so how can it tell the RX what to do? It regularly advises the RX what to do on signal loss. (Regularity is dependant on the manufacturers implementation in the TX and RX systems.) So the RX must support dynamic failsafe updates for the TX settings to do anything.

Cheers Brian

• Like Like x 1
  3. iskandar

iskandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0
    I tested the auto rebind by switching of the Tx and switching it back again in just 1 second but it seems that it does not reconnect. Does this simulate temporary signal loss correctly?

One more thing, this means that my failsafe config in Devo7 actually does not affect the quad failsafe at all?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +276 / 9
    That is not a valid simulation for transmission loss. Turning the radio off and on abandons what information it had in the previous bind (If no Fixed ID) and initiates the bind process again. It will be looking for a RX in bind mode and you would need to reboot the model in flight to get it into bind mode.

Your Devo 7 settings working or not will depend on the Failsafe implementation of the RX and its communications with the FC.

As you can now see from my other post on this subject. Signal loss is difficult to simulate without destroying the TX in the process.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  5. iskandar

iskandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0
    Got it, thank you for the clarification, really appreciate it.