Devo 4 vs Android

Discussion in 'Walkera QR Y100' started by raels, Mar 7, 2015.

1. raels

raels New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I seem to have more control with the Devo 4, but, of course, can't do the things that it's supposed to do with Android, like auto-takeoff, land, & return. Using Android, however, when I try auto-takeoff, it just takes off in random directions. Calibration seems to be very tricky.

I think I figured out how to get an image on my phone while driving with the Devo 4, but then the phone controls still overlay the image, & make it difficult to see.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that there seems to be a huge learning curve on this device, and I would appreciate any help I could get on any of these issues. Thanks.

2. Ewen

Ewen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would imagine that if you just connect your phone to the Y100 channel W****** etc but not through the Walkera control app you would see the transmission clearly. I must admit that I share your problem with respect to "random takeoffs". I'm about to scout around YouTube and if there is anything worthwhile I'll get back to you with a link.

I had a major problem with the 'copter when I first got it... the wifi card died in the first 10 minutes and I had to get another. I have just fitted it and th 'copter is mobile again but just as erratic.

Regards