Could I have motor going bad?

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250' started by Fast96Cobra, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Fast96Cobra

Fast96Cobra New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have crashed my Runner at least as often as most. That being said, I recently upgraded to Advanced FC and GPS, and still get occasional drops out of the sky. Fortunately most have been low altitude. Recently I have noticed the left rear motor not wanting to spin-up with the others. Sometimes I have to keep "goosing" the throttle to get it to spin, very inconsistent results. When it does spin and seems to be normal it flies good. So I took out the Advance FC and GPS (because it broke off the mount on last crash) and put back in the original FC which is firmware upgraded with the 10% throttle FOD fix. I just flew a complete battery just hovering around gently and it seemed fine. But when I landed after a few minutes, it started with the reluctant spin issue. Is it likely the motor going bad? Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be clear. Thanks

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +296 / 10
    Would be motor or ESC.

Move the motor to the diagonal arm and see if problem moves with it.

3. Fast96Cobra

Fast96Cobra New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will try that this week sometime. Thanks

4. RevoMikey

RevoMikey Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 6
    You can clean the motors out, just remove, take the circlip off and pull it apart, run the com under the tap to get rid of all the mud and crap, clean the inside of the can, dry thoroughly and re assemble, its surprising how mych crap gets in there. i have done this many times and i am still on the original motors.

5. Fast96Cobra

Fast96Cobra New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It happening still. Now it's the front left motor. I ran a full battery thru it, changed batteries and got this. Video

6. Fast96Cobra

Fast96Cobra New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Update. I removed all the ESCs and brushed them off and their sockets, then reinstalled them. Everything works like normal, but for how long? When will the next "fall from the sky" happen? I am thinking about how to make the blade connections more reliable. They seem good on the blade side, but there is only a small contact in the socket side. So a little bit of wiggling and/or arcing can cause disconnects (opinion). My first thought is to shim the non-connected side of the blades to keep them closer the the contact. Or, tin the blades with a thin solder layer. Any thoughts?