Confused by F210 2D/3D flight modes

Discussion in 'Walkera F210 3D' started by HotDiggity, Mar 3, 2017.

1. HotDiggity

HotDiggity New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Havent flown my F210 3D yet; awaiting some spares and an antenna for my goggles, and programming Deviation in my Devo 10 (and spending a lot of time in sims).

Reading the manual, it says that the 2D flight modes are set on the MIX switch and the 3D modes selected on the FMOD switch. I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but how do those two switches function together? If I have the 2D acro mode selected on the MIX switch, what should the FMOD switch be set to? Does one override the other? I'm assuming that the FMOD switch needs to be in pos 0 as the other two positions are 3D modes. I further assume that the FMOD switch in pos 2 or 3 (3D modes) means that the MIX switch can be in any position and that it will have no effect while the FMOD switch is in a 3D mode. Is that correct?

Thanks, guys. Trying to digest as much as I can as I go along!

2. HotDiggity

HotDiggity New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Another question (perhaps also dumb): are these flight mode settings that come in the RTF version with the Devo 7 accomplished in the TX with rates and expo or programmed on the flight controller? As I said, I'm trying to replicate the factory settings on a Devo 10 in the Deviation firmware. If there's specific rate/expo info, I'd love to know it.

3. iskandar

iskandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Expo and rates can be view using Cleanflight v1.2.0. You can check expo and rates for all 3 profiles. No need to replicate, it is stored in the quad's flight controller, not in the TX.

Just configure the TX according to the quad's instructions manual for the MIX and FMOD switches.

4. HotDiggity

HotDiggity New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks, iskandar! The instructions for the Devo 7 look nothing like Deviation on my Devo 10. But I'll figure it out with time. :)

5. iskandar

iskandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Yes, it can be done. I did it on my Taranis Plus running OpenTX, quite easy actually.

6. RC/DC

RC/DC Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    @HotDiggity. Did you figure out the Devo 10 to F210 3D configurations yet? If so can you share? Thanks!