Charging odd-sized LiPo?

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 150' started by DivenParker, May 25, 2017.

1. DivenParker

DivenParker New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just picked up a Walkera Rodeo 150, which uses 850mAh 2s Lipos. It comes with a charger that is complete junk, some weird little USB thing with nothing but a flashing red light and the promise of a green one when charged, but after 2+ hours each, two different batteries, from two different companies, weren't triggering the full charge indicator, so I thought I'd move them to my Yokomo YZ-114 charger.

The problem is, the Yokomo is adjustable for # of cells and mAh size, but down in the lower end, it only has 800mAh and 900mAh as options. ^

What's my best path here? I figure I can charge it as an 800mAh and sacrifice some run time, but the run time is supposed to be pretty short as is. However, if I charge it as a 900mAh or other capacity quadcopter batteries, I'm worried I'll set the batteries on fire, which is no fun. Or should I just spring for a new charger, something that'll have the appropriate fine settings? I'd rather not spend any more money right now, but burning down the apartment sounds expensive too.

Thanks for your help.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +454 / 14
    The ratings on the charger set the charge current. It doesn't stop after the mah rating.

It just means it will charger at either .8 amps or .9 amps. Both will be fine for your batteries.

Cheers