can't turn on my new albino

Discussion in 'Walkera Aibao' started by bill thomas, Jun 28, 2019.

1. bill thomas

bill thomas New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I just received my new albino and I cant turn on the transmitter. I have charged the flight battery and the transmitter for 3 hours but I cant get the transmitter to turn on. What is the trick to turn this on. Also the transmitter is still showing red walkera at this time when it is on charge. Should it take more than 3 hours for the transmitter to get charged?

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +529 / 15
    It shows the 4 lights representing the percentage of charge. I have left mine on charge for over 12 hours to actually get the charging LED to turn off.

The Transmitter is turned on by pressing and holding the power on button until the lights come on and the TX lights up.

Cheers

3. bill thomas

bill thomas New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I charged for over 5 hours and checked the battery voltage at the charge port and it was only 3.6 volts and dropping so I think the battery is bad. The charger was putting out 12 volts.

4. bill thomas

bill thomas New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well after filing a warranty claim and sending it back hobbyking sent me a new one that did the same thing. Hobbyking wanted me to send it back also but I have to pay the shipping again so I decided to take the transmitter apart and check the battery.I Know I voided the warranty but after telling hobbyking that the batteries were dead in both the transmitters they just wanted to send me another one and I'm not paying for return shipping again. Well the battery was swollen like a 9 month pregnant woman and it was dead as a door nail. It is a 2S 3000mah so I found a battery that will work and I installed it and now I'm up and flying. I also emailed walkera about the problem and couldn't get a response. Good thing I have flown electric planes for 20 years so I know a thing or two about lipos.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +529 / 15
    Lipos don't like being flat or Fully charged for an extended period they need to be at storage charge levels. In a TX like that that doesn't have a storage capability its hit and miss to get it to half charge to put in storage. They have had these in the warehouse for too long.