Can someone help me with my runner 250 advance gps?

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250' started by mumpasyn, Dec 5, 2016.

1. mumpasyn

mumpasyn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi! guys I just got my 250 advance gps 4 days ago (I'm freaking newbie to this). After I got it, I was fly in my room, but it doesn't stable at all. So I decided to fly it at my backyard, but it is still not stable as well. Can you guys show me how to stable it? Please!

The next problem I still stuck with it now is my rear LED of the right it is keep flashing, after I got it hit to the tree. I checked it, and look like nothing damage. It was rained a little bit when I flew my drone. I remember after I got crashed. I still fly it normally, and the LEDs still working good. It is just not stable (well, actually it doesn't stable on the very first-time I fly it), but later I see my CW motor of the rear is spinning even my throttle is completely down. So try to unplug the battery and re-plug the battery again. When the battery is connected, the rear LED of the right started to flashing. So you guys have any ideas to deal with it Please! let me know. Thanks a lot.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +437 / 14
    The first thing you need to do is carefully read the manual.

3. mumpasyn

mumpasyn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can someone help me with my runner 250 advance gps
    I already did it. So can you Please! help me with this?

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +437 / 14
    The manual says that this means the battery is low.

The first thing you need to do is carefully read the manual.

5. mumpasyn

mumpasyn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I knew that, but the problem is my battery is full, I already check it with my Lipo tester. I also did ton of research about this problem in this forum and also other, but nothing workout much. And you are right, the rear led of the right just blink when lowed battery or not armed, but like I said the battery are good. It is still keep blinking even I changed to the other one. Now I'm thinking about my power board might damaged. Should I order the new power board? or can you give me any other advise about it. Thanks you much.

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +437 / 14
    The Walkera Runners are susceptible in a minor crash to dislodge the FC or the RX ribbon connector.

Remove the FC and the RX and clean the connectors of the ribbon cable with cleaning isopropyl alcohol.

This often fixes runners after a minor crash.

Cheers

7. mumpasyn

mumpasyn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks you much for your advice. I will try it tonight, I'm at work right now.

one thing more I want to ask you is my drone kinda crazy. when I push the throttle just 7 to 10% it keep going up and never hover at the position I want, so I have to push the throttle down to land it. It is really heavy landing even I was tried to down my throttle as smoothly as I can. when the throttle hit 6%, the motors of my drone seem to shut off and fall down to the ground. So do you have any info that help me with this? thanks you so much.

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +437 / 14
    You have a whole bunch of issues here you need to address them one at a time.

Please answer all these questions and we will work our way through it.

1. Did you plug the Runner into your PC?
    2. Have you upgraded the Firmware?
    3. Did you calibrate the model correctly?
    4. Was it a bind and fly or a RTF model?
    5. What radio are you using to fly it?

Cheers

9. mumpasyn

mumpasyn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1. I did.
    2. I already did it too.
    3. I'm sure I did it well. I was followed the instruction step by step to calibrated the model
    4. this is ready to fly. I got it form black friday deal bundle ( whole pack+extra battery)
    5. devo7

And one more thing. I just ordered basic 250 DIY (kit part only), but I have no idea how to bind the TX to the RX, because when I done this DIY, it will be the BNF can you show me how to bind them. I was looked some video but just want to make sure everything will smoothly go on.

Thanks you so much for taking your time with me. Cheerssssssssssssssssssss

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +437 / 14
    OK.

1. What software have you used to attach to the Runner. Have you attempted to change any settings. If you have. Software Name and version please.
    2. Did you follow the instructions carefully. There are three seperate steps in the documentation did you do all three?
    3. The instructions are incomplete. please read the Note 1. At the bottom for correct procedure.
    4. OK a RTF version so the TX should be programmed correctly. If you buy a UP02 upgrade tool you can download my Runner 250(R) Devo 7 Model setup. Details in Note 2 below.
    5. OK Devo 7 can be updated with my Runner Config.
    You will need to program the radio with a new model config. The Kit is a Runner standard not GPS and it has different configuration settings.

You will need to download the standard Quick start Guide to get these settings configuration. I will have to up load it into our resources section. PM me if you complete your build prior to me doing that.

Note 1.

Model calibration is required when you:
    • Have a new model out of the box.
    • Change you flight location by greater than 100 klm or you move to an area with magnetic anomalies close by. e.g. Power lines. Large metal structures.
    • Up date Firmware or Settings.
    The calibration sets the IMU baseline and the Compass. You must do the calibration on level ground. Use a spirit level to level a board to use.
    You must follow the instructions to the letter for all 4 axis.
    You must complete the procedure before the flashing lights stop flashing. If the lights stop flashing before you put the model back down on level ground then the calibration has timed out and has failed and must be done again. (This is missing from the manual.)

This is the RAW calibration of the compass. To complete the Compass calibration you must fly the model in manual mode for 3 flights.
    Fly the model to a comfortable height. I use about 5 feet. Then slowly rotate on its yaw axis 360 degrees twice, the slower the better. Land and disarm the motors and remove the battery. This saves the first fine tune.

Do this 3 times. It is now ready to fly in GPS mode and will lock well in position.

Also remember that RTH requires a good GPS lock or you will get a flyaway. The GPS Return To Home lock position is established at the time you arm the motors. If you arm to early and don't have a good lock. The GPS home position could be set 3 miles away.

Also make sure you locate the battery at the COG point. There are 2 extrusions on the top carbon fibre deck that is the COG point.

Note 2.

The Devo 7 config and its functionality can be read and downloaded for the resources section here.

Model Configs Devo 7: Runner 250(R)

Cheers Brian

• Useful Useful x 2