camera port 3pins (11V) or 5pins (5V+audio) - which one to use

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250' started by Arturas, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Arturas

Arturas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

I have got Walkera Runner 250 BNF DIY kit few months ago. Also purchased Foxeer Monster Mini Pro + TX5816 + OSD module (R version because I plan to upgrade to Advance version later ;)

My question is: which camera port (3pins with 11V or 5pins with 5V and audio) should I use to connect my Foxeer camera? Currently I connect it to 3pins but I have noisy picture when props are on. I think this is because of noisy power source, maybe another connection (5V) is more stable?

Best regards, Arturas

2. Arturas

Arturas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have found that noisy picture was because camera is shaking :) without props attached but engines working picture does not change, so this is really not a power problem.

anyway want to know the difference of camera ports. stock walkera hd camera is connected to 5pins so maybe video signal from there is sent in better quality?

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    The voltages are different. You must use the correct voltage for your camera. Check camera specification.

4. Arturas

Arturas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My camera supports voltage from 5V to 40V so I can use any connector. The main question is about video quality delivered to VTX, is it the same from both connectors or maybe 5pin connector delivers video in better resolution?

5. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    They are identical. The additional pin on the 5 pin connector goes to Channel 7 on then radio so you can switch the recording on and off on the Walkera HD camera.

Cheers