Calibration Problem? Power board replaced - cannot fly!

Discussion in 'Walkera F210 3D' started by bwixard, Mar 26, 2017.

1. bwixard

bwixard New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I posted a while back about my f210 3D having some issues getting back in the air after a hard landing. I hoped it was software at the time and played around with all kinda settings on cleanflight. I ended up hitting the "reset all" button, and having to restore using .txt and rebind. All that went ok. However, nothing ended up fixing my flight problems. I tore my drone apart and found my powerboard was broken, right where the ESC plugs into the board, and so my quad had NO communication with the back left prop....

For your reference its this piece, under the black lead where it says +CCW- . The plastic connector/solder came right off.
    [​IMG]

I finally got a new power board from walkera, installed it, and calibrated my FC accelerometer after installing via cleanflight. It will arm and props will spin. However it has a strong YAW to the left and maybe a 5 - 10 degree pitch forward that I cannot get rid of! I cannot take off.

I have tried the trim buttons. The YAW trim at the far right limit stops the left spinning, but after I land it will not re-arm until I bring yaw trim back to neutral. The pitch trim does absolutely nothing to level it out.

Please help! I've haven't been able to get this thing in the air for almost a month and it's very frustrating!

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    When you calibrated with Cleanflight did you have the model (Flight Controller) exactly level? Done with bubble levels. If it was not exactly level when you calibrate it will wander all over the place.

Cheers

3. bwixard

bwixard New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I didn't use a bubble level when I calibrated it.... I will try right now.

Would It be ok to remove the flight controller from the quad entirely and calibrate it when it is only connected to the micro USB (and not the ribbon connector)? Just to be 100% sure?

Update: took the flight controller out, found a level surface and calibrated it using my iphone. No change. So I decided to experiment when it was inside the quad. I tried to calibrate the accelerometer in cleanflight while it was: tail heavy 15 degreees, nose heavy 15 degrees, and "left heavy ?" all with no change. It always yaws to the left and pitches forward.... Am i wrong in thinking it should change, ie. pitch backward or yaw to the right?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    You cant use an iPhone. It also needs to be calibrated. So its the blind leading the blind.

Even so you most likely will still have a problem.

I am trying to resolve the issues with the drifting F110 at the moment and have found some interesting data.

I have not completed my tests yet it will be a few more days until I can offer a process to fix these issues.

Cheers

5. bwixard

bwixard New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, I've fixed it. But I don't really understand how.. No matter what I did with calibration nothing changed. Even if I tried calibrating the accelerometer and told it something completely wrong, like tried calibrating at an angle it didn't work. ( I assumed it if I calibrated it wrong it should at least try drifting in other directions, maybe it would start drifting in the roll instead of pitch) But again nothing, the drift was always the EXACT same.

So I tested, full reverse pitch using the gumball on my devo7 barely made it lift up vertically.... It still really wanted to drift forward. So some settings somewhere MUST be screwed up!

I saw bjr981 post in other threads about needing to use cleanflight 1.2.0 for restoring the f210. I went to the resources tab to download that, and I also downloaded and restored to the original fw settings for my drone v0.0.4 (in case the v 0.0.4.txt I had somehow was corrupted). And it worked. Literally - that was it...

I'm not sure why this was the case. I previously tried the exact same thing.... The only difference being cleanflight 1.2.3 and that I got a new v0.0.4.txt

Hopefully this helps anyone who has to deal with the same problem !

6. iskandar

iskandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    You cannot use other version of Cleanflight, it needs to be v1.2.0 or it won't work properly.

7. bwixard

bwixard New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lol weird. but ok. Confusing since my drone seemed to half work! Lucky I found that post. I will be sure to remember that!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    If you view the version histories within Cleanflight you will see that between some versions there is a reset / change of Default parameters.

When this happens you cannot use saved Text config data but have to start again from a clean slate.

Cheers