Brand new Voyager 3, battery is DOA

Discussion in 'Walkera Voyager 3' started by Douglas Pratt, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Douglas Pratt

Douglas Pratt New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I bought a new Voyager 3 off eBay in early September, went to fly last weekend, and the battery is dead. It won’t take a charge, no reading at all when I put it on a balancer, and 0.2 on the voltmeter; fully charged is 29.6 volts, 3 amps.
    The seller isn’t cooperating, I’m just outside eBay 30 days, but I opened a case with PayPal, and I’m trying to find somewhere that still might provide service under warranty.
    The drone came with a GoPro gimbal, I want the factory one with the white ball camera, which a lengthy search turned up in Finland. With shipping, it cost $350— when it arrived, I was looking forward to making some beautiful fall foliage video; instead, I discovered that the drone shipped with a dead battery.
    I’d be perfectly happy to return the battery and charger, just in case the problem is the charger and not the battery, but the seller isn’t responding— a warranty solution doesn’t cost either of us anything, but being stonewalled strongly suggests that the drone wasn’t new (as represented,) Ms. Seller shipped it with a dead battery, or for some reason there’s no warranty at all. Brand new to me means A-stock; everything looked new. It was hard to take the battery out of the drone but it doesn’t show any obvious sign of defect or damage.

Any ideas how to get this resolved would be immensely appreciated. I’m not one to invest in paperweights, so if no solution can be found, I’ll let PayPal take care of it, and anything I have left will be parted out here or on eBay and Amazon.

thanks—

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    That would likely. These batteries require storage charging every 12 months max.

Worst case scenario they are repairable. You need to pull them down and replace the battery inside. Its a 8S with a low C rating. Would be max 20C but most likely 10C.

You would need to find one that is approx. the same size and can fit it inside the case. The Electronics inside just connect to the discharge leads and the Storage leads.

Have you checked the battery with a lipo checker? By using the charger balance lead you can plug in a LiPo checker.

Cheers Brian

3. Douglas Pratt

Douglas Pratt New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I just bought another Voyager 3 with good battery. After piecing things together, I’m going to have alot of extra stuff to part out, and a deep discount. One extra f12e transmitter, one ground station receiver, one case, not sure about the extra charger, cables, replacement parts, and a complete drone with new GoPro gimbal. It has a bad retract motor, but flies well as it is, or a buyer might want to replace the motor and it will be as good as new, but no battery.

It should be here by the end of the week. If any of you Voyager 3 droners out there need parts, speak now so I don’t have to list things on eBay.

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    You can try and disassemble the battery and replace the cells as you now have a spare battery container.