Bought a use Devo 7 and drone

Discussion in 'Walkera Devention Radios' started by simpleman, Aug 10, 2020.

1. simpleman

simpleman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bought a used drone with the Devo 7 radio and I lost my cheat sheet can anyone show me to a link or a video that will help me go through my Devo 7 and find out what what position my flight mod switch for acro loader etc I'm afraid I bit off more than my brain can handle RC has come a long way in 25 years it's completely mind-boggling to me Thank you in advance for any help you can give

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    You will need both the devo 7 manual and the Quick start guide for you drone.

I have linked the manual below but i don't know what drone you have. Can you advise?

Manual: Devention 7

Cheers brian

3. simpleman

simpleman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's a tarrot 680 with a ardupilot 2.8 apm devention RX705 receiver set up with GPS motors are XT-xinte 5010-750kv powered by a 22.2volt battery thank you so much for your time and help I really wish they held class for these transmitters it's amazing what they say you can do with them

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    OK,

You will need to get information from Tarot for the drone.

tarot rc FPV Helicopter gimbal Multirotor Drones DOWNLOAD

The documentation for Ardupilot and settings can be found here.

Complete Parameter List — Copter documentation

I gave you the link to the Devo 7 Transmitter user manual.

The main recommendation I can give you is make sure you set the radio up for an Airplane it defaults to Heli and will give you grief if you leave it at default.

Come back if you need more info or advice if you hit a dead end.

Cheers and Happy flying :)

Brian

5. simpleman

simpleman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

6. simpleman

simpleman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hopefully this is the last question and I hate bothering you for anyone for that matter You talk about it helicopter that would be the same for a multi-rotor drone I haven't bought a helicopter yet because they are definitely intimidating because 25 or so years ago you had to be able to chew bubblegum patch your head and rub your belly while siding the Star spangled banner unless they have flight control words that help those of us that aren't as coordinated as most of y'all are once again I thank you for your help and I find it astounding that people would help other people like me that have very little clue You have no idea how much research I have tried to do over the past 12 to 18 months I think I do so much research that I'm confusing myself enough to make myself afraid to try anything that I don't completely understand Thank you

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    If you are referring to the comment.
    The devo 7 radio default configuration on a new model setup is helicopter. It's a Collective Pitch configuration. It outputs The throttle signal on channel 3 as well as channel 6 (The pitch Chanel)

This will cause a Multirotor to malfunction. The channels from 5 upwards are generally used to invoked flight modes etc pin the drones FC. So set the model to Airplane first in the radio to prevent unintended mishaps. :)

Don't be afraid to ask questions its how we all learn.

Cheers Brian