Bonjour.

Discussion in 'Introductions and Site Help' started by docinfrance, Oct 1, 2017.

1. docinfrance

docinfrance New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    English geezer living in France. Biker, Ex medic, so known as Doc. One leg short of a Ballet Dancer.
    A real Wiz with anything mechanival and a bit of a Wiz with the Soldering (I pronounce the "L") Iron.
    *Relly don't get why Americains say "Sodder" as it's a basterdization of the French "Souder", maybe it came down from Canada or up from the Bayou.
    QR X350 Walkera "Drone" & a couple of LB's, though I do have a shedload of other Walkera heli's and quite a few Gassers, most running Devo TX's. I just love my Devo 12s for setting everything I fly to it.

I just bought a V18 G01 with a Devo 8s, for 150 € off a guy who bit off more than he could chew.

OK a question if I may?
    I broke the "vertical centering" spring tab when converting the 8s to Mode 2 and had to swap the gimbals across (happens when you don't use the right tool, I couldn't be bothered going to get my metal dental pick).
    This of course means the plugs are backwards. Not a disaster as I just revers the inputs in my Stick Cali' settings, but I'd like to have everything at "normal".
    So if I switch the outer pins in effected the conectors (blue/yellow etc) will that revers the reversal?
    I'm pretty sure it should, but I don't want to blow anything as the 8s's are as rare as Unicorn horn, as about as expensive.
    Any thoughts or experience with swapping gimblals?

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +346 / 12
    Hi mate. Yes I am also an "L" Man.

whats that?

It should work OK, but as you know, only 2 things guaranteed in life.

Have you thought about swapping the broken part over?

Have you thought about the 4 in 1 option for the 12S with deviation FW?

8S is is a good radio I have a few.

Cheers Brian

p.s. What other Walkera Helis do you have?

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +346 / 12
    Ah, found it. Sold in Germany with 8S, its a gasser. Thats why i didn't know what it was. I fly with an electric only club.

Cheers

4. docinfrance

docinfrance New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Brian.
    Yep The V18 is a farter, one model up from the 60# and an absolute steal at the price I paid (about half the price of a second hand 8s alone).
    I thought it might be perfect and they'd missed a "0" off the price, but it was just something he couldn't handle and knocked about a bit, but not too bad (broken skid and base plate), nothing I can't handle easily.
    Yep I've tried the Deviation SW on the 12s but I really didn't like it and put it back to stock.
    WOW the walkeras I've got/had? Quite a lot. Can be hard to remember the numerical names Cb100, 4#3, 5#4? (double rotor,) a Lama3 (challenging fun), v120d03, hm4#6, Lm180, Master and mini CP, 4f200, and a V450D, and now the v18. I think that's all (apart from the 3 quads).
    Got WK 4, 6 and 8 TX's, 4, 7, 8s and 12s Devos, and a few crystal sets.

Spend more time on the bench than flying, but I'm a tinkerer so that's the way I like it.

Also a Bike builder so I've build two trikes, and converted 4 bikes for riding with one leg, and they all have upgrades and customization.