Binding issue please help

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by Robert6182, May 11, 2020.

1. Robert6182

Robert6182 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Walkera Voyager 4 issue when i turn on the battery all the lights on the battery light up and blinks 4 times and then nothing happens.I have flown this drone only one time. The drone has been stored and not used for almost 2 years. Could the battery have gone bad? i also noticed that one of the 2 small spring loaded pins located on the drone where the battery slides in to was stuck or pushed in and would not extend outwards. I got the pin un stuck and is working like the pin next to it now. Basically the drone is not connecting/binding to the controller. If anyone has any idea on how to get this drone to connect correctly i would be most grateful.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    If the battery was not stored at Storage charge the battery would be dead.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Robert6182

Robert6182 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i purchased a new battery and have it charging without the controller as it is fully charged when i plugged in the battery the power
    button is staying on and is red in color and the bottom led light is blinking green is this battery charging correctly. i feel like
    a idiot asking this but i have not messed with this drone over a year and i can not find anywhere on the internet that tells me if
    it is charging correctly.i am to the point to just wanting to sell the dam thing and get a dji drone as their is all kind of info out their
    on them and local repair shops. I can not even find a dam place that will service my walkera voyager 4 drone in the United States.If you
    do know of a service shop that works on them or even a local number in the USA to call i would be most grateful i won this thin on dealdash
    and a voyager 3 BLA........ thank you for your input

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    It could be charging. The only real way to tell is by Using a LiPo Tester. And check each cell.

I am in AU so don't know of anyone that repaired them in the US. I would think not.

It is possible that the new battery you bought is also faulty. They need to be storage charged and checked every 12 months at a maximum. There is no way to charge a Voyager 4 battery from the supplied charger for storage.