Bind 2 transmitters with 1 receiver

Discussion in 'Walkera Devention Radios' started by MiMo, Sep 14, 2016.

1. MiMo

MiMo Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Is it possible to have two Walkera radios binded to one Walkera receiver so i can use either radio, not at the same time of course.
    And i will not have access to the receiver to use the bind plug every time i want to use the other transmitter.

It works on my Runner 250 Advance to use different Walkera transmitters, they bind themselves to the Runner 250 when they are turned on.

But on my Phantom 2 with a Walkera receiver that i have setup with my Devo F12E the Devo 10 doesn't bind to the Phantom 2 when i turn on the Devo 10.

The only difference is that the receiver in the Phantom 2 has been binded with the F12E with a fixed ID, but i tried to also bind the Devo 10 with a fixed ID when it didn´t bind itself at startup, but it wasn't able to bind with a fixed ID, not even when the ID number was different than the ID on the F12E.

1.Do i need to use the bind plug to bind the Devo 10 to the receiver if its already binded to another transmitter?

2.And can 2 transmitters be binded with a fixed ID to the same receiver, but used at different times?

3.And is it because the Runner 250 receiver isn't binded with a fixed ID that i can use several Walkera transmitters with it?

On a side note, on my F12E i have the word "Flap" in the Device output, but on the Devo 10 it hasn't the word Flap there. Am i missing something obvious here? Shouldn't it be available in the Devo 10 as well.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    If you want to do this you cannot use fixed IDs.

You have to clear the fixed id in the devo 10 and the F21E radio for both models. Then power up the RX with a bind plug without powering on a radio to clear the fixed ID.

3. MiMo

MiMo Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks, yes it seems to work but its not as trustworthy as the fixed ID, sometimes the transmitters doesn't bind to the receiver so i will need to turn off and on the Phantom 2 or the transmitter before it works, sometimes it seems it needs to be turned on and off like 2 or 3 times before it successfully binds.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    The bind window is only a few seconds. You must turn the TX on and the RX within 1 to 3 seconds.

The phantom is slow to power up the batteries as you have to hold the on switch for a while.

You need to just do it quickly and you will not have any problems.

Flap only appears agains channel 6 for Aircraft models. Check to see if you Devo 10 is set to Helicopter. I think that is the default model setting for a Devo 10 if you don't set it manually .

Cheers Brian

5. MiMo

MiMo Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes thanks now i can see the Flap. Okay that explains it why it is so unreliable in its binding process.

And i guess it doesn't bind when you do it the opposite way, first turn on the craft and then the transmitter?

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    That should work all the time. but be careful if others near you are flying. They could accidentally bind to your model.

I have seen that happen.