Betaflight for 150?

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 150' started by Okinawa4k, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Okinawa4k

Okinawa4k New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I keep hearing that betaflight is much more reliable than cleanflight and it makes your drone fly better. Is it possible to run betaflight with the rodeo 150? I've searched everywhere online but came up with nothing. I see a lot of posts about running betaflight on the 110 but nothing for the 150. Can anyone give me any insight as to how to do this or if it's even possible? Thanks

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    Unless you are an expert it drone programming. Forget about it.

3. Kristjan

Kristjan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yes it's possible. I have installed Betaflight 3.5.7 and Betaflight 4.0 on two of my Rodeo 150 drones and they fly much better in my opinion and you also get arming, airmode, failsafe, beeper and other features. Of course like bjr981s said you really have to have some experience with Betaflight to be able to set it up correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Barabba

Barabba New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Good morning I have just a lot of rodeo 150, when I connect to the PC with Betafligit or Cleanfligt I seem the following message "Non-Clenfligt / Betafligt is not supported except for CLI MODE" so I can not configure the quadricotter. How can I fix it?

5. Barabba

Barabba New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Good morning I have just a lot of rodeo 150, when I connect to the PC with Betafligit or Cleanfligt I seem the following message "Non-Clenfligt / Betafligt is not supported except for CLI MODE" so I can not configure the quadricotter. How can I fix it?

6. Kristjan

Kristjan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The firmware that comes with Walkera 150 is only compatible with Cleanflight 1.2.0 and not any newer version including Betaflight. You can download this version here: Cleanflight 1.2.0

I wouldn't recommend upgrading the firmware itself unless you really know what you are doing, it's very easy to mess up the settings on upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Barabba

Barabba New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Kristnan thank you very much .. I don't think I need to update the firmware but I want to change some flight settings. switches on the radio and calibrations I saw some very detailed tutorials ... it's a bit time that I play with drones and firmware I should have no problems .. tonight I try then update you .. thanks again