Best LiPo for standard F210?

Discussion in 'Walkera F210' started by nate80, Jun 7, 2017.

1. nate80

nate80 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry if this question's been asked before (I did a quick search and couldn't find an answer) but I was wondering what the best battery ratings are known to be for a non modified F210.

I just bought a pre-owned F210 without any LiPo's and I think I've learned the original 4S battery was a 1300mAH 40C (constant discharge) and that many owners often use various 1500mAH LiPo's with differing C ratings between 40 and 75 (again, constant discharge).

I've been trying (and failed) to find out the specifications of the walkera F210 motors to figure out what constant and burst C ratings the quad can actually use - and so whether it's actually worth spending more money on a heavier battery that has a higher C rating or sticking with a cheaper and lighter battery rated at 40C

Also, has anyone tried using an 1800mAH as I've found a few that would fit the battery compartment. I'm concerned it would make the quad handle like a pig?

Thanks

2. slimjmtell

slimjmtell Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I like the Tattu 1300mah 4s 75c
    Light weight
    Packs a punch
    About 28-30 bucks

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    Stick with the oem battery going above the C rating is pointless. and adds weight and reduces flight times.

4. slimjmtell

slimjmtell Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You can pay the extra money for the walkera battery which is completely over priced and hard to find or you can try a different brand that has a good reputation in the FPV community.

If you want to stay in a similar C rating than try the Tattu 1300mah 4s 45C battery, It's about 20.00 compared to the Walkera 29.00+ 1300mah 4s 40C
    The Tattu is a lighter battery than the Walkera.

My point...there are MUCH better priced battery options out there.

Amazon.com: Tattu LiPo Battery Pack 1300mAh 45C 4S 14.8V with XT60 Plug for RC Boat Heli Airplane UAV Drone: Toys & Games

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    I have lots of experience with Tattu batteries. Their reputation is not warranted. They have been the worst batteries I have used and don't store correctly. (They fully discharge in storage)

Much better priced in most cases means much less quality.

The OEM batteries are good quality nanotech batteries. If you want to try alternate batteries then try HobbyKing Turnigy Nanotech of G Spec.

You always get what you pay for.;)

Cheers

6. Lukezen27

Lukezen27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    You can't go passed Turnigy nano-tech 1300mAh 4S 45~90C Lipo Pack for value weight or size!

I'm currently running 2 of each below Battery and all purchasing round the same time for testing purpose

Turnigy nano-tech 1300mAh 4S 45~90C Lipo Pack
    Turnigy Graphene 1300mAh 4S 45C Lipo Pack w/ XT60
    Dinogy Graphene 2.0 4s 1300mAh 70C Battery
    Tattu 1300mAh 4s 45-90c Lipo
    Full Metal Racing 1300mAh 4s 95c Lipo Battery

Once they start to wear out I'll do a little write-up on what I'd recommend

• Like Like x 1
  7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    Thanks that would be most useful. Do the report as a new Thread and I will make it a sticky.

Cheers Brian

8. nate80

nate80 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I bought a pair of Floureon 4S 1300mAh 40C lipo's for a very good price.

Over the past couple years, and across my multi copter fleet, I've used Floureon, Turnigy, Turnigy Nano-Techs, Zippy Compacts, Black Widow's, Multistar and oem/unbranded lipo's. I've found that most manufacturers stretch the truth about the power and discharge rate of their batteries. My experience with Floureon has been good and their C rating is fairly honest. They don't over-heat and remain in great condition as long as they are looked after. I've had 100% issues with Zippy Compacts bloating within 6 months (where a gas pocket forms beneath the plastic wrap) even though the LiPo's were well maintained. Turnigy Nano-Tech's have been good. Had one gas bloat slightly (not puff) and the C ratings are not quite as good as the batteries suggest, but they're good for the price. Black Widow's have been fantastic and have never let me down. Turnigy's are fine if a little underwhelming when it comes to true C discharge rate. They're usually pretty heavy too. I'm not sure about Multistar as I've not used them enough to comment.

The F210 flies great with the Floureons and they were only £25 for a pair. I wanted to fly the quad first and make sure I liked it before spending any substantial amount on batteries, but I'm really happy with how it flies so I may invest in a couple 75C lipo's next.

Cheers guys

9. Lukezen27

Lukezen27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Lipo battery longevity update!

First casualties off the rank and they are close to useless - Now only lasting a minute or less

2 x Turnigy Graphene 1300mAh 4S 45C Purchase date 25/09/2016

They both died round the same time

Most are in slowdown of some form or other though ding slowly unlike the Graphene that died abruptly

10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    Pointless.

What voltage do you discharge them to?
    How many Cycles?

Cheers