Battery charger/ battery question

Discussion in 'Walkera F210' started by Axis, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Axis

Axis New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I just recieved my f210 in the mail the other day. I am having an issue with my charger or battery and I was wondering if I am missing something. So far the manual and Internet have not provided me with an answers so, I figured I check here.

Pulled my f210 out of the box, took the charger out, yup I even plugged the charger into the wall outlet (lol), I then connected the battery to start charging.

The directions state that while it's charging the battery the light on the charger will be red and when it's fully charged the light on the charger will be green. At this point I've had this batter plugged into the charger for 24 hours. Which I know isn't good but the charger has only had a flashing red light the whole time. At this point I'm thinking the charger isn't charging.

When the battery isn't connected the light on the charger is solid green. When I plug the battery to the carer it flashes red and hasn't changed. Anyone have any suggestions on what is going on with this thing?

Secondly, from the poking around and reading I have done trying to find an answer. I have read that people are not to impressed with the stock batteries. Does anyone have suggestions for better batteries that will fit the f210 along with a good charger and Lipo tester? Maybe I'll just buy new ones. Even though I shouldn't have to. But at this point I'm dead in the water.

Thank you in advance for the help. Have a good day.

2. robinm

robinm New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The charging sequence is from red to blinking red to green. If it never goes to green maybe one cell of the battery is bad.

I´m using an imax B6 charger and Tattu 75C batteries. It gives more punch than the 45C batteries included. Tattu 1300mAh 14.8V 75C 4S1P Lipo Battery Pack Racing

Buy an imax charger and you will see which cell that is bad.

3. meckman

meckman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm also running the imax B6AC charger. I liked this charger since it comes with a lot of different styles of plugs and you can also hook it up to a car battery in the field with some alligator clips.

Also picked up a balance board to speed up charging 3 batteries. I went with the Ready Made RC batteries. They are a little longer that the stock battery, and a little goofy being orange, but they fly really well and still fit in the battery tray. Plus they ship from Ohio so take like a day or two to get to me in IN. The batteries are out of stock right now, but you can sign up to be notified when they get back in stock.

Batteries: RMRC Orange Series - 1300mAh 4S 60C Lipo - XT60 (19.24Wh) [RM-4S-1300-60C-XT] - $25.99 : Ready Made RC LLC, The Leader in All Things FPV, RC, and Beyond

Balance board: RMRC Parallel Charging Board - 35A XT-60 [RMRC-PARA-XT60] - $18.99 : Ready Made RC LLC, The Leader in All Things FPV, RC, and Beyond

4. Axis

Axis New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the response. I really appreciate it. There is definitely and issue with my battery or charger. It's been 2 days and it still stuck with the flashing red light. I ended up writing to the store I got it from and the manufacturer. I'm thinking it just might be easier to buy new batteries then try deal with returns.

I'm on my phone at work so this might be a foolish question. Are the demensions of the battery cradle on the drone listed some where?

I been trying to figure out if I should go up to an 1800mAh or 2200mAh battery in an attempt to give myself a little long flight times. I see some if the higher mAh batteries with the same or better C rating. Or am I on the wrong track? Any thoughts?

Thank you all for your advice.

5. meckman

meckman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe I saw in another thread that someone said the 1800s will fit, but the 2200s are too big. I'm sticking with the 1300s since I have the trackimo taking up battery space.

6. CROC

CROC New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everyone,
    I just bought a F210 that biene with two standard batteries, to charge one light charged gets in red (loaded according menual) but with a soft humming sound coming out of the loaded, the other bareteria put it to charge no buzz but quickly Green LED (charged according manual) is changed

I ask you give me an recombendación: be a problem that you charge the battery for a while that proboca the buzz?

CROC.

7. DocCuzi

DocCuzi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe if you get a battery thats 94 x 40 x 34 you'll be fine. Those are the "MAX" that I'd recommend. I ordered 2 1850mah batteries from MaxAmps, that I know fit. They also have a discharge rate of 100C so your drone will never be cramped for amps when you go to draw power. You'll need to specify that they put an XT60 on the end at ordering. I've done it numerous times. The batteries are extra special and the performance is outstanding.

Maxamps LiPo 1850 4-cell 100c 14.8v Battery pack 4s 100c 1850mah 14.8 volts | eBay

8. iskandar

iskandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0
    Yes, 90-92mm in length would be the max I would use. Give some space for the wires.

9. Ralphy

Ralphy Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I can also share with you the stl for a design i did for the rear to fit the turnigy bolt lihv 1800 or anything upto 108mm long.

If you need it printed just give me a couple bucks for shipping and ill get one your way if your in the US.

10. Ralphy

Ralphy Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

You should only hear a sound from the f210 when connected before unloacking the motors for flight. When the battery is low it will beep continously so you land and recharge.