ATTENTION! 320 Fly away video and question about Fixed ID pairing

Discussion in 'Walkera Furious 320' started by Kosta, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Kosta

Kosta Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Have anyone seen this:

Pretty scary (this is not my video), i had same issue once on maybe my second flight. Maybe near-by wlan's took over signal?
    Since that accident i have been using Fixed ID pairing to connect my DEVO10 and 320.

Now my question is, does anyone know that if you use this Fixed ID pairing, 320 will only discuss with your radio and wont get interferenced by example, wlan and other radios?
    As i have understood that when you have paired with fixed id it wont pair to any other devo radio's near you untill you reset your receiver. Could this also prevent signal loss to near-by wlan and other 2,4GHz signals?

2. alavrov

alavrov New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi All,
    Yesterday when I made my first flight my Furious 320 I got absoluttely the same situation like this. After about 4 minutes of flight I loose control and Furious fly away. It flight with unusial position and full throttle power (but throttle stick had down position) about 200ΠΌ and then crashed in the tree and drop down). Finally, 3 props, front swing arm, and upper cover are broken. But main thing, I really scared start it ones again. Whats wrong? That is my first Walkera drone and Ihave no idea what I have to do?

3. jineffine

jineffine Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Would it be possible to contact Walkera attaching the video in order to have some info

4. Kosta

Kosta Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Well i already mailed to them when it happened to me before. I got some questions back, answered to those and then no reply's back anymore. o_O

Checked my mails and i mailed them first time 20.1-16 about this same issue, that time i didnt got any answer back. Then i mailed again 20.2-16 and got that mail where they asked:
    1. how about the GPS Signals before flying?
    2. did you push the MIX key to "2" position?
    3.did it fly forward in GPS MODE or in manual mode??

These i gave answers and then i haven't heard anything more from Walkera support.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Kosta

Kosta Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    I have read and heard 2 new similar accidents which has happened today. On first one 320 flied up and signal was lost, Copter crashed after 2 kilometers into house wall.
    On second case 320 throttled up during hoovering and flied away over 1 km and crashed. 2 motors broken, he found it next to hi-way.
    Both of them were GPS versions.

I hope those owners find this forum and could come report what happened, so maybe we could get word to Walkera about this serious issue.

6. alavrov

alavrov New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello Kosta, can you explain me please:
    What is the right way to make compas callibration - switch "MIX" key to position "2" or switch "FMOD" key to position "2"? Thanks

7. Kosta

Kosta Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Put FMOD switch to position 2 and then follow quickstart guide instructions. Leave MIX to 0, it has nothing to do with calibration.

• Like Like x 1
  8. alavrov

alavrov New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks Kosta!

9. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    The video displays exactly what would happen if you arm the motors too quickly after power on.

The GPS home position is set at motor arm time. If the home position has not been locked by the correct number of Sats to get a low HDOP it could be set as 5 miles away.

Any RTH command either by mix to position 2 or commanded by the FC will drive the model to fly miles away.

You can see from the video that it is a RTH.

You can see the loss of signal being received by the model. It hesitate for the correct amount of time and then turns and initiates a climb to RTH altitude.

Always wait until you get a good number of Flashing LEDs indicating a good GPS lock before arming the motors.

This is applicable for all Walkera GPS models.

Most likely the signal loss was by other interference or vibration from an out of balance prop and motor.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    Fixed ID pairing will not help with interference.

It will not allow another TX to bind with the RX and it will allow the TX to bypass normal pairing process and immediately bind on power up.

If 2.4Ghz signals are overwhelming the rx in the model fixed ID will not help.

• Informative Informative x 1