Ascending trouble

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250 Pro' started by windmill, Jan 30, 2018.

1. windmill

windmill Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I had a minor crash resulting in a problem getting Pro to ascend. It doesn't spin up enough to get up into the air. It's as though I've lost "throttle"- needing 70 to 100 percent and not getting it. I've taken the main control box to inspect the flat cable( might just replace it)- don't see it cut or have bad spot in it. When you get to 62 percent you hear a definite tone change-it's just not enough . I will continue to inspect it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. windmill

windmill Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Well, now I remember that in the crash the TX antenna was broken off. I didn't immediately know this as the Pro was a distance from me. My radio was on until I reached the Pro. I've read that if your radio is powered up with no antenna on the TX that the TX will be ruined. I'm now thinking this may be my trouble. I just don't know how to verify it by looking at radio settings or something along those lines. I'll probably just order a new one.

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +428 / 13
    The VTX is most likely gone. But that would not be the case of your problems. Did you replace the Props?

Check the motors with props off. You may have bent a spindle in one of them.

Cheers

4. windmill

windmill Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I have run it w/o props. I don't get enough rpms out of any of the motors. I did try it with new props to no difference. It starts prop motion at a bit past mid (throttle) but then just doesn't increase as you move the (throttle/ascension) lever up/forward. It gets no where near coming up off of the surface it sits on. Thnx

5. windmill

windmill Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Well, I put the Pro back together after partial disassembly and it lifted off of the ground and flies normally. I think I'll order a flat cable for the flight controller and change it out anyway. Thanks for the input.

6. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +428 / 13
    also sounds like you have minus trim in the throttle stick.