Aibao Crash and Aibao iPad Application Crash

Discussion in 'Walkera Aibao' started by bjr981s, Nov 3, 2016.

1. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +182 / 9
    Hmm disappointing day at the flying field today.

I test flew the Aibao in anger today. I had only flown indoors and up and down my street prior to this.

The new Aibao App is buggy. At least on an iPad. It worked OK for the first test flight to run in the motors in manual mode.

It then crashed and every time I started it it would exit. Then it actually caused the iPad itself to crash.:eek:o_O

So I flew without the app. did a couple of fast low runs up and down the field then I was just moving slowly forward and was about to try a full throttle ascent when the Motors stopped and it just fell from the sky from about 60 feet onto the grass. It was in GPS mode at the time.:mad::confused::eek:o_O:(

Bent a prop and it has a stress fracture in the rear right arm.

So either the battery collapsed or the FC did an internal reset. The old windows style crash to desktop....

I checked the battery and both cells were 3.8V = 7.6V so could have been around 7V under load.

I changed the bent prop and flew again but one arm is still a bit lower than the other 3 due to the stress fracture where it joins the motor.

I eventually got the app working again after many restarts of the Aibao and Radio and iPad.

The battery warning is set way too low in the app. It has a slider to control it. And guess what it does not save the settings if you change it. :mad:

The Aibao is not quite ready for Prime Time yet. It will need a FW upgrade and an app fix.

I might try the Android device and see if that works better.

Cheers

In the mean time I will just test, close to the ground, over a very soft surface.

2. iskandar

iskandar Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Walkera needs to step up their game in Quality Control. Failsafe issue, near non-existant firmware update and buggy drone are very bad for longterm business.

They have a good start but they are messing with it, not sure where is their focus actually, but they should be aware that other Chinese companies such Eachine and KingKong is chasing them very fast.

3. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +182 / 9
    Yes, does not "inspire" (pun intended) to buy a Voyager 4. At $3,000 US it would be a fantastic camera platform with the 16 x optical zoom. But the majority of the 3K is in the camera that would not survive a crash.:( And they have removed the Devo F18 LTE from the solution as well now. :confused:

I have bought 2 Aibao body shells from Walkera.com. They are being shipped now. Will test again after the repair. Hopefully an app and FW upgrade by then.

I bought the 4 pack of batteries and the 10 pack of props previously so have some spares. At least they are doing bulk discount packs now.

Cheers Brian

4. iskandar

iskandar Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Hope that you can persuade Walkera reps to come and go thru every posts in this forum, so they can learn many things on how to improve their future products based on existing users feedback.

5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +182 / 9
    I have been talking to them and have provided the URL.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +182 / 9
    Well new OIS update available 4/11/16. Yesterday my time.

Says bug fixes. and support for Voyager 4.

• Like Like x 1