Aerial Photography Thread

Discussion in 'Walkera Talk' started by dascrow, Mar 17, 2015.

1. dascrow

dascrow Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Let's see your best Aerial Photos here! The official WalkeraForums.com Aerial Photography Thread.

2. dugdiamond

dugdiamond New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, I have already posted this in a couple of other spots, but I will toss it out here too, just to participate and help maybe get this topic rolling along.
    The Video demonstrates the foolishness of just irresponsibly flying, without fully considering the what ifs and what can happen with something when we get too complacent .
    Basically, I have gotten into a bad habit of just going out in my yard or out in the street in front of my house and just taken off flying these little guys. Not fully believing what would happen if I were to lose control and crashed or as in the case shown here a simple flyaway. Years ago I would test hover my .60 sized helis and occasionally I might have taken a .30 upstairs for a lap or two around the sky before shooting a landing into my 1/2 acre backyard. When 450 sized electrics such as the Trex, I really got bad about flying in residential or really just about anywhere.... Electric just seemed so benign!
    Same thing with these multis or drones. Well the government and others dont think they are so benign anymore.
    Just look at all the Flyaway videos on YouTube .... Amazing we havent heard truly terrible stories in the news yet....
    I never thought that I would lose a craft or have a flyaway... Oh I am too good? Nope Definately not as this videos portrays ...
    At least the Walkera was recovered six weeks later and we have some great footage shot at about 1800ft msl and just barely outside of the pattern of the local small uncontrolled VFR municipal airport. I think it isnt a bad idea to fly with a Aircraft Handheld Xcvr tuned to local navcomm either.... When flying "drones".
    Here is my stupid flight that ended happily enough to show my Walkera 250 flying with a mind of its own!