A little help needed with another VTX question

Discussion in 'Walkera F210' started by Daniel Cowan, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Daniel Cowan

Daniel Cowan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So nothing has changed no jumpers no different equipment and the vtx was not turned on without an antenna. how do i determin if i need a new osd board or vtx. i get a scrolling un viewable image on the same channel as always. it looks like once and a while i can see the timer in the top right corner but never an image. is there any harm in bypassing the whole thing and installing a normal camera and vtx. I realized i wont get any OSD. or is it most likely my vtx or even camera?

P.S. i read 30 posts before i asked a question, and again did not plug it in without an antenna,

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +578 / 16
    What drone? What TX? When did it stop working? Are you in a CE or FCC country? Update you location in your profile.

When did it stop working? Did it have a crash? Did you connect to a PC?

Let us know.

3. Daniel Cowan

Daniel Cowan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry I thought I posted in the F210 forum, that is what I have. Im, fcc, no crash no pc. how do i determine if i need to buy osd or vtx?

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +578 / 16
    You did. ;)

But there are 2 versions FCC and CE it effects the VTX power and number of channels. Hence why I asked. It helps if you update your member profile with your country.

I need to know FW version on your radio. Check in the about tab and see if it ends with an A or a B.

What are you
    viewing the video feed on? is it a Walkera radio or Goggles?

What channel is the
    Viewing device set on? FCC is 4 channels in B band. CE is 8 channels in B band.

Devices from Walkera us LHCP antenna, Fatshark and everyone else uses RHCP.

To me it sounds like you are on an adjacent channel and only seeing low distorted reception.

We need to work through the basic diagnosis to be able to determine what is required to rectify.