350 pro slow battery charge

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by Dave Walker, May 6, 2019.

1. Dave Walker

Dave Walker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all, my first post, just joined up. I bought the 350 pro, flown it manually to get the gyst of it, i used to fly radio control planes, so a little different. I'm having a problem charging the battery, i've charged it twice, first time took about 7 hours before the flashing red light went green.. second time about 8 hours, and red light was still flashing, but i tried it for time and got around 20 minutes with camera attached... is this normal, i thought it charged in a couple of hours... the charger came with the box accessories.... thnx in advance.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +495 / 15
    The battery is faulty One or mere cells are at a low voltage. The Charger is having difficulty charging the battery as well as balancing the cells.

Get a LiPo Checker and look at the individual cell voltages. You will see the cells that are low.

US$20.37 SKYRC LiPoPal Self Voltage Balancer 2-6S LiPo For Battery Voltage Checker RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com

I would recommend that you buy this charger. It is a hybrid charger and will balance the cells individually. You will also be able to see the mah of each individual cell in the Charge and Discharge cycles. It does need a DC power supply to operate. Always set the batteries to storage charge after use.

US$123.58 RadioLink CB86 Plus 6A 210W Lipo Balance Charger Discharger RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com

Turnigy Reaktor Pro 350W 23A Power Supply (100~240V AC)

Cheers Brian

3. Dave Walker

Dave Walker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    many thanks for your reply Brian, i'll grab that charger. The battery is new straight out of the box, via ebay ,charged twice.. hopefully covered by warranty .

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +495 / 15
    You're welcome.

That model went out of product many years ago. So the battery would have been in the box for a while.

The charger I recommended does Recovery charging. So should recover the battery OK.

Just make sure that you keep the battery at about 3.8V per cell when not using it.

Cheers

5. Dave Walker

Dave Walker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the advice mate... the battery has gone back , will be replaced under warranty if they find it faulty..