3-Blade propellers? and arm/disarm on a switch?

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 150' started by gbgkille87, Oct 29, 2016.

1. iThorst

iThorst New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you pride or bitter? Or is it just the casual 2017 drama syndrome? ^^
    (Not trying to upset you) Just curious! :D

I get what i deserve (Y) not sure how the bike accident is relevant but i am sorry you learned the hard way! (as have i, but my integrity is bigger than to throw it to people to get "drama points" lol

Point is... By not worrying to much about specs I've now made an exceptionally well performing 3,5 inch acro conversion from the Rodeo 150! That's what i want newcomers to experience, and what will bring the hobby further, I hope. worrying does not bring happiness :D

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  2. iThorst

iThorst New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Basically removed one and centered the other distance to increase the tolerance for props. Now the 150 frame accepts 3,5" and weight less.
    148g to be precise. (stock 159g.)

Not bad considering:
    200mw vtx, 700 tvl and a spf3.

(still pwm, a few grams left to remove)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +388 / 13
    I take it that English is a second language to you. "Are you pride or bitter?" I don't know what this means.

I
    have been flying RC for over 40 years all with model clubs and as a Club member I always carry Insurance.

So h
    ave lots of experience in this hobby before it became a solo hobby with the Internet as the teacher. Here flying clubs test your experience and knowledge and you have to pass flying skill tests and knowledge tests. Including Safety, before you solo.

I have seen people loose fingers over having a throttle up button or switch on their radio.

They stand the radio up on its end and go attend to their model, the wind then blows the radio over and the have an uncontrolled model.

The people that recommend this on the Internet are being naive and are recommending dangerous practices.

There is lots of bad advice on youtube and forums. Please don't contribute to this.

We do not support this practice here and we also do not support unsafe or illegal flying practices. Those that consistently recommend and demonstrate this will get permanently banned.

Drones have done significant damage to the RC hobby due to irresponsible people.

I am not suggesting you are one of these. I am just answering your question on the why I respond like I do.

If this is what you want to do then you need to become more responsible in your attitude. rather than "see how clever I am".

Cheers Brian

4. iThorst

iThorst New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, that is a lot of text...
    ... talking big of yourself, talking down on others...
    I do not like where this is going and sorry that this got to your head. Please stop being the police and get over yourself.

5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +388 / 13
    You have the bull firmly by the foot.

I don't have issue with anything you say, whether I agree or not, except for your persistent support of arming switches.

Stop recommending arming switches and we wont have a problem.

Cheers

6. HomseyRC

HomseyRC New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What's up with this moderator here? I've read through numerous threads in the forum and simply had to register to point out how terrible this guy is. There's a great thread at rcgroups.com with numerous highly knowledgeable people. I'd steer clear of too much participation in this forum given the poor advice and information, take it with a grain of salt. There are numerous facebook groups and forums that are far better.

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +388 / 13
    Thanks for your resounding vote of support.

This hobby is full of know it alls that have varying oppinions but know zilch. I also participate in RC groups and know the forum well. These are lots of people there giving bad advices. But unfortunately the blind often lead the blind.

Goodbye.

8. Zuriy

Zuriy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi !
    Could you help plz or give advice.
    what did you use as adapter to install 5mm shaft props to Rodeo 4mm shaft ???
    cuz there's no even any close adapters at internet to install that props.
    as I understood it needs only piece of a tube puted on the shaft or something similar .
    p.s. sorry English isn't my native language.

9. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +388 / 13
    You need a suitable adapter. If there is any play on the shaft and prop you will get vibrations that are very bad for flight stability, the motors and FC.

Not sure why you want to change the props. I guess you have your reasons.

You do know that 3 blade props will make the quad fly slower. The more blades the greater the lifting power but lower the speed.

You will also need to ensure that the pitch is less than the existing blades. If it is more or equal then it will put additional load on the ESC and battery.

Cheers

10. Zuriy

Zuriy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, I know that and about vibrations too . that's exactly i wanna do . a want to make it more smooth in control and less speedy. I'm not a pro , Im just learning to fly drones.
    so the question is still open. what @Vectivus used as adapter ?