250 Pro flew away

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250 Pro' started by therecordyou, May 18, 2017.

1. therecordyou

therecordyou Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Experiencing a weird problem.

Was flying 250Pro then I switched from manual to GPS. And it started ascending even though I pulled the throttle all the way down. Tried return to home and it still the same. Believe me or not. It flew 920m away. At that moment I thought of giving up. But somehow I managed to bring it back by Lock the motors and let it drop then turn on the motors. But I broke one leg of it trying to Land.

Seems to me even on manual mode when you give full throttle (Left stick) and take the stick all the way down the motors wont slow down. Did the latest firm wear update thinking that might fix. But nothing has fixed. This was working fine before. Never had any issue. This was a sudden bug came from now where.

Badly need help from you guys. Fed up of this drone already. Anyone else went through this problem ?

2. therecordyou

therecordyou Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Any idea why the motors ain't slowing down even the throttle is all the way down

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +456 / 14
    Yes. The Throttle is not a throttle in GPS mode.

It is an Ascend / Descend rate control.

You asked the FC via this stick (ASCEND CONTROL) to ascend and you held it down.

So it is fighting you to Ascend.

It does not matter that you have reduced the Ascend / Descend control to 0 as you have already told it to Ascend and it hasn't completed that yet.

You cannot hold a Drone with a Flight controller and expect it to function correctly.

You are fighting the Flight controller by holding the drone.

Cheers Brian

If you switch to GPS mode in flight and have the ascend / descend stick above 50% the model will ascend.

Notice how careful I don't say throttle stick. Again in GPS its not a throttle.

4. therecordyou

therecordyou Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Yeah I get it. I been using this drone for couple of months and I am pretty aware with the Ascend and descend. But there is no way it takes more than 5 mins to 8 mins to reduce the motor speed. I am telling you because I already experienced this twice. And it flew away soon after it start hovering. I did nothing but brought the throttle down. but it went 900m.

Its not that I don't know how to fly the drone. But this is unusual. With this situation it'll be a one way trip if I try to fly next time. When you raise the left stick more than 63% it ll speed up the motors and when you bring it below 50% it'll slow down. You can hear how the motors react and its obvious. But my drone ain't responding that way anymore. Its weird and risky to fly. All I did just testing by holding the drone. And I been testing like this before as well. Had no issues. Again I did that video inside my house. So there is no GPS

I did update the firmware but it has no impact. I would really appreciate if you can help me with this since I am helpless. Already wrote to Walkera help desk. Didn't hear from them either.

Thanks

5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +456 / 14
    Check the Video and see what the Altimeter is displaying. You may have a busted Barometer.

6. therecordyou

therecordyou Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The video is done by me. And I don't have a device to determine Altimeter or barometer :( :( :(

7. therecordyou

therecordyou Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I really appreciate If could guide me through the process how to fix this mess. I am relying on you man

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +456 / 14
    Check the video feed from the model. Not the video you made.

See if the Height (altitude) is changing randomly.

• Like Like x 1
  9. therecordyou

therecordyou Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well I had time to check my drone again. And I checked with my goggles. So after 63% of throttle motors speed up and soon as I bring the left stick down motors slow down. But if I hold the throttle stick more than 5 - 6 seconds motors go faster and I can see in the goggles altitude rise up slowly but when I bring the throttle down it doesn't seems to slow down. Means it ain't descending.

I think you are right about it. But how can I fix this.?

I gave it to the shop I bought it and he has no idea. Shouldn't even have given him to test it.

10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +456 / 14
    Are you flying in GPS mode or manual mode?

Only use manual until you figure out what is wrong.

Cheers