250 Advanced(R) vs 250 Pro

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250 Pro' started by Dogshit, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Dogshit

Dogshit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Hey All,
    Sorry to make a new thread for this question but I tried asking it in a few other threads and never could get an answer.
    I received a Runner 250 advanced for Xmas but after I read about all the headaches with the 250 advanced I figured I would return it since it's not used and get a 250 Pro.
    I read a couple of the threads here about the 250 Pro and from what I read it seems it's far superior to the 250 advanced but I would like to get some feedback from the experienced users here.
    Is the 250 Pro really that much better and more stable than the 250 advanced?
    Also, since the R has been out for a while now, is it possible to mod and/or config the R to be as stable and reliable as the Pro?

Thanks In Advance,
    DS

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +353 / 13
    You can get the (r) flying very well if you "Don't" mod it (thats what breaks it). Don't connect it to MutiWii and fiddle with the settings.

If you go through the correct calibration procedures and operate it correctly. Most don't. It flys very well.

The only real issues it has are:

• the FOD that catches beginners. Its not a bug. It poor training and flight control. You don't drop the throttle to zero in the air.
    • the poor barometer implementation that means alt hold is not very effective.
    The Pro is a far superior machine to the Advanced (R) model and well priced in comparison.

The Runner 250 Advanced is good, The Runner 250 Pro is great.

Cheers brian

3. Dogshit

Dogshit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Hey Brian,
    Thanks for the reply, this is what I was waiting to hear.
    I really want an accurate barometer so looks like I'll be sending back the advanced and getting a pro.
    I'll report back after all the paperwork and shipping.
    Thanks again...