2 beeps short of a full deck?? Rodeo 150

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by Kenneth W Lopossa, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Kenneth W Lopossa

Kenneth W Lopossa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Rodeo 150 is only giving me 3 beeps instead of 5 at startup. What do the beeps represent? It seems to connect and the red light flashes on arm but motors wont spin.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +512 / 15
    You need to advise what happened between working and not working. Did you crash?

3. Kenneth W Lopossa

Kenneth W Lopossa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes there have been some good crashes but have never broke a prop. And continued to fly..By way of update I think the Vtx may be fried as one of he last crashes seems to have severed or nearly severed the antenna wire. I soldered it back on with unit off. But now wont broadcast as it use to beautifully. I don't know it if it even needs a vtx to run. Shouldn't it seems to me. Actually that was before I soldered the motor wire back on. I've done much soldering, this was routine. But haven't taken the 20+ screws out of the bottom to expose and test further. Looking for a freestyle frame to transfer everything. I don't like all the screws..waste of time. Any suggestions?

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +512 / 15
    You need to remove the Flight controller and repair / clean the ribbon connector. It is very fragile and subject to bad connections.

Your VTX is destroyed. They self destruct with no load to dump Power. It's like firing a gun with the barrel blocked.

Never power up a drone with a VTX without a working antenna.

Buy a drone kit. Scrap the 150.

Cheers

5. 13ruce

13ruce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think bjr is right . I seem to be finding a lot of problems people are having with the fragile 150 . I too am experiencing the exact same problem and my powerboard has just packed in too . Upto now it cost me £198 for the drone £40 on batterys and 30 quid on a fc thats possibly not needed plus the other bits of crap needed to keep it flying . I also have a runner 250 i think thats a heavier piece of crap too . My rodeo 110 however is a absolute dream to fly and my fpv skills have been made thanks to my mini eachine e013 . Im ready for acro fpv now with my 110 anyhow (waffling) I'm also going to take bjr advice 10 mins after posting "I'm buying a new powerboard" to scrap the fragile ugly looking 150 and probably walkera too . I have many quads and I'm at a level where i could just build my own there is some great all im 1 fc stacks waiting to go into a nice vmx2 race frame . Heres some e013 footage
    Great fpv starter drone