150 reassembly troubles

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 150' started by PicklePilot, May 16, 2018.

1. PicklePilot

PicklePilot New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Learning outdoor fast adcro FPV is fun with the 150 but led me to needing body parts. I tore it down, replaced parts and reassembled. It wouldnt bind or arm. I noticed rip in ribbon cable so tore or down again and ordered cable. I got it today. I cant get the Rodeo 150 to fit together correctly or easily. I am not going to force screws. Ive found disassembly but no reassembling. May say reverse it but thats not always the case. Most time there is more to it.

2. PicklePilot

PicklePilot New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Meant to say I've found assembly videos but no assembly. Sometimes assembly is bit different

3. PicklePilot

PicklePilot New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Lol, disassembling videos not reassembly videos

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    Can help you there. You just need to make sure all the parts from the ground up fit easily you most likely have a part out of place.

5. PicklePilot

PicklePilot New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I got it to fit together easily but now the reciever doesn't work. It won't even light up. One rx antanea seems to have been repaired at some point (i bought a refurbished 150). The soldering job isnt the best and looks as if the shield could easily short to the antanea lead. Would the antanea short the entire Rx? I also accidently plugged an esc in the wrong way and it glowed lol. So an ESC is on order but if Rx is shot its not gonna fly.

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    Ah, I see the antenna can not be solder repaired it will not work. You will either need to get a replacement antenna and connect it correctly or replace the RX.

With the ESC you most likely have destroyed the main board and potentially the Flight Controller and RX.

Replace the Main board and the RX first then the FC if required.

7. PicklePilot

PicklePilot New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    How could the pdb, rx and fc be destroyed by plugging in the esc upside down? Are Walkera parts really that horrible? I am seriously considering throwing this thing in garbage and buying a quality, properly engineered and built, hobby grade quadcopter. I definitely will advise anyone to stay away from anything even remotely Walkera related including clones. Im very disappointed. I saved up for 2 months to buy my first brushless fpv quad and thought i had done good research. The reviewers i watched must have either been paid or only flew the Rodeo 150 once or twice because after a few batteries it starts falling apart.

I also dont understand how i am going to buy and replace a Rx antanea without soldering? I separated the sheild on the coax wire and soldered it to neg and the center wire to ant. There is no plug.

I ordered a new Rx and ESC. If this doesn't allow me to fly I'll put it all 9n Ebay for 20 bucks.

Maybe u or someone could help me with a new build im starting in a few days. I ordered a Pitchplus 115mm frame, 8520 brushed motors, props and both 1s and 2s batts. I want to salvage at least something from my Rodeo 150 purchase and hoping the Devo 7 is it. Has anyone made a multiprotocol module for the Devo 7 like they have for the 7e, 10 and almost every other Tx on the market? Has anyone seen a Devo BNF micro brushed FC? Brushless? How about a micro Rx for Devo? I've seen non Walkera micro brands that will bind but they have a single antanea and range of only 150m or so and thats probably in ideal conditions. I don't want brownouts before i lose video on 25mw.

Again sorry for the long post but ive noticed when i post short i get replies that dont help or contain more questions than answers.

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    I understand that you are angry and need to vent. But now let us understand a few things. The drones fly with a main battery. and a voltage regulator that drops the main voltage down to power the internal electronics. The ESCs have 5 input leads and 3 output leads. Of the 5 leads, the lead are main -Ve, +5V, and Signal they connect to the flight controller. Then there is the large connectors that are Main -Ve, and Main +Voltage. The 3 output leads are a square wave AC signal like a 3 Phase power system to your house.

The reversing of any of these input leads will short circuit the power back to the electronics equipment.

In this particular case the voltages are not huge but are potentially damaging. Think of sticking 240V into your USB connector on your PC.

If the ESC glowed as you say then it completed shorted out and has past main voltage back through all components on the Flight board. Hence my comments.

This is not specific to Walkera. This will happen if you accidentally short out any of these racing drones. You must be careful.

Do not connect it to your computer as you could damage the USB port if tech voltage regulator has been destroyed on the main board.

I always recommend that you use a Plug end Antenna and solder a socket on the mainboard. You cannot continually replace antennas this way as the solder heat slowly will overheat components on the main board and lead to failure. You cannot adjust the length of the antenna. It must be a whole fraction of the Wavelength of the TX signal. This is also why you cannot join an antenna with solder. The Antenna part is the actual tip of the antenna that has the Shield stripped back. This is what must be the correct length.

It should not fail after a few batteries. Please explain what you mean by this? Are you over discharging batteries.

You have now worked out my pet hate about the Internet and YouTube. It provides a platform for people who have no knowledge of a subject pretend and present that they do. Some are just plain crazy like the flat earther's and have no foundation in real Science and Technology.

I dont know what you intend to do but I would recommend you buy a kit that has all parts supplied except the FC, Battery, and RX.

All Walkera Devo RXs work with all Devo Transmitters from 4 channel to 12 Channel.

Walkera BNF and RFFT drones are for pilots with reasonable spence. Not early beginners and are not customisable. And that Includes the Batteries.

Cheers Brian