1080p Video - Recording problem

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250 Pro' started by AndyDove21, Apr 23, 2018.

1. AndyDove21

AndyDove21 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went for a few flights yesterday. When I armed the quad, once it had warmed up the IMU I manually turned the camera to record for the duration of the 10min flight. The LED on front of the camera starting flashing indicating that it was recording. I then flew around for a bit (high speed passes, full power, etc). When I came back to land the camera was showing no LED at all, no steady glow nor flashing. No video was not stored on the card either. I tried this multiple times over four packs.

Later that evening I went out again, but this time I recorded smaller length videos, no more than a minute or so each between stops. It recorded fine.

Question is - is this normal? Since the footage is only saved to SD when recording is stopped, there must be a limit to the amount the camera can store before saving to SD? I worked out that 10min flight would be a little under 18GB of video, so is there a limit to the length of time you can record without saving to SD?

I'm a little worried since if the camera has some kind of power problem, it could be dangerous to fly FPV... Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Andy

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    The camera switches off / on from the remote controller. But you need to program Channel 7 with a switch to turn off an on. You have to toggle the switch ( once slowly.). (normally the gear switch) The programming instruction is at the end of the quick start guide. This is why the HD camera has an extra wire pin in the cable. Its the Camera on off control.

To record a video you must start the camera and stop the camera. If you power down without stopping the video is lost.

32 Gbyte is the largest SD card Supported. It should be Class 10.

Cheers Brian

3. AndyDove21

AndyDove21 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Brian,

I took the Pro out for the first time with Fatsharks today, and there is definitely something wrong with the camera.

I can take off and fly around, but at some point the image freezes on the screen and stays there. Thankfully I can flick it into GPS mode quickly and it'll come to an obedient stop, but there's been a few heart stopping moments like that. Thankfully not crashed, but when I've come out of the goggles I'm looking around the field trying to figure out where it's hovering, so I can bring it home on manual.

It was like I said previously, when I wrench of the Fatsharks and fly back, the LED on the front of the camera is off completely. The strange thing is, the goggles are still receiving the frozen image, right up to the point when I remove power.

Any ideas?

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    I suspect that the fat sharks freeze the last frame rather than displaying static like my Goggles if it loses signal from the drone. That will stay until the goggles are powered off.

I think that the light is only on if the camera is recording. What happens if you do not use the recorder? Bad SD cards cause the camera to crash when recording.

When you plugged the HD camera in I assume that you did not use the non HD camera connector where the old camera was but used the HD connector?